Home Selling in Oconomowoc>Question Details

Pj, Home Seller in Oconomowoc, WI

How do I target developers or buyers desiring to buy a tear down on a coveted piece of lake property? Perfect for PABST FARMS or AURORA executives.

Asked by Pj, Oconomowoc, WI Tue May 25, 2010

Lake frontage up to over 300' and over 2 acres on Genesee lake ready for another mansion to be built on the lake. How do I get info to the rich doctors and executives moving into the area for AURORA and PABST FARMS, etc., that would LOVE a hidden private place to build their dream mansion? Real Estate sales people only seem interested in wanting the price to drop so they can get their commission. HELP? Suggestions Please???
Signed,
Anxious to sell, relocating out of the country

Answers

4
First, many banks don't want to lend on those kinds of projects right now--especially on building spec luxury homes. So unless you're willing to carry financing, or are willing to equity partner on this deal, then you're going to continue to wait awhile.

Second, this kind of project won't appeal to a lot of doctors and execs, because it's resource intensive and outside their area(s) of expertise. Sure, they could acquire the property, and hire their own crews, but they could buy an already built home for less than the cost to build a new one. So you'll need to do something to add more value to this deal.

Third, if you're willing to consider something creative, then some investors (myself included) might be willing to work with you on this.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue May 25, 2010
I hope you were able to sell your property to one of those interested parties.

Whether or not you liked my advise, I offered it to help you and others in your situation.

Proverbs 12:15 reminds us to not be wise in our own eyes.
If you are trying to reach developers you may want to start with town hall. They can give you the names of developers they have worked with in the past that you can contact. You may also want to try the Metropolitan Builders Association (MBA). They can provide you names of reputable builders and developers. http://mbaonline.org/ You might want to put more emphasis on finding builders/developers who specialize in lake properties.

Good luck on selling.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I am glad I didn't give yours much weight. My experience is more credible. I am getting just the kind of interest from just the kind of people I hoped for. Your opinions and suggestions are way off base, the facts speak for themselves and supports this.

"There is wisdom in an abundance of counselors", quote from Proverbs in the Bible.