pwattsfinco, Real Estate Pro in Simi Valley, CA

How do I proceed if the bank accepts this offer.?

Asked by pwattsfinco, Simi Valley, CA Tue Sep 18, 2012

I have made an offer to a home owner ready to walk away from his home.

Answers

2
It appears you are uncertain how the short sale process works ... as Ron has suggested, it almost appears as if you do not have a Realtor representing you. If that is the case, I’d recommend you go find one right away – one who is experienced with short sales. Someone has to make sure the contract is correct, someone has to negotiate with the bank, someone has to provide all the correct forms and documentation …

Someone needs to be with you every step of the way to answer questions exactly like this one …
So, you have made an OFFER, a Shortsale Offer, through a Realtor, and you are waiting for the Bank to respond:
Understand that the home owners accepting the offer is almost meaningless:
The homeowner has to have their "hardship" accepted by their Lender,
and the Bank would have to accept the offer.

I'm concerned that if you have a Buyer's Agent working for you; why you would have to ask us this question.

You do have a Buyer's Agent representing you?
You didn't just give an OFFER to the homeowner, thinking that that would do the trick, did you?
And the homeowner goes have a genuine "Hardship", right? and they have applied to their Lender for their hardship to be accepted, right?
And the homeowner is not just Upside/Down, right?

Good luck and may God bless