Thomas Luchi…, Home Owner in Fort Wayne, IN

How do I list my house for sale on Trulia without a realtor?

Asked by Thomas Luchies, Fort Wayne, IN Fri Sep 14, 2012

Answers

7
Hi Thomas!

Asking this question here made me chuckle. You are asking a bunch of Realtors for advice on how to list your home here without a Realtor. Good luck to you. :)
If you are a for sale by owner the post is not allowed, you can however try blogging about the property; if and when you do list with an agent, he/she can post it for you, ask; or consider any flat fee realty company that feeds into the site.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Sep 14, 2012
Hello Thomas,
Sorry but Trulia does not accept for-sale-by-owner listings. You would need to work with an agent in order for your home's listing to appear on this site.

I do know that Zillow.com and Craigslist.com will post your homes for sale. And, you may wish to consider using a flat fee realty service as then your home can be listed on the MLS and other real estate sites.

However; working with an agent will give your home the most exposure to be seen by potential buyers out on the internet as agents have the tools to give it maximum marketing exposure on the internet. Over 90% of buyers begin their search for a home on the internet. Just food for thought...

Good luck to you!

Laura Feghali
Prudential Connecticut Realty
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Sep 14, 2012
Going into the market without a professional by your side is very risky. I have seen for sale by owners listed on these sites and unintentionally the listings have fair housing violations and put the home owner in a precarious situation. This question, if it is a technical one should be directed to Trulia itself this area uses Real Estate professionals to help guide the pubic.
Hello Thomas,

Selling FSBO is not allowed by Trulia.com.
However, if you wish to try to sell on your own and want to gain a great deal of marketing
experience and good advice - put the question out on what you are trying to do about
selling your home. Many agents, some from your aream and others out of state will share
their mastery with you, gladly.

Many people try to sell their homes on their own.
They end up either falling for a lowball offer (buyers don't pay their realtors, and realtors
don't show houses where they don't get compensations for their work - so FSBOs get investors and lowballers instead of retail buyers), and sell below the market price (statistics show on average 150K lower than a normal sale through a realtor), or - they list and sell with an agent after exhausting their financial resources on advertising and getting tired of being a "realtor".

To be ready by the time you want to look at other options of selling, talk to your local agents and check them out on the web. That way you'll be ready to go and sell quickly and for top dollar when you decide to not FSBO any longer.

Hope this helps,

Irina Karan
Beachfront Realty, Inc.
IrinaKaran@gmail.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 15, 2012
Hello Thomas,

Unfortunately, Trulia is specifically geared to provide agents another marketing tool, but not available to folks selling their home FSBO. For what it is worth, though, an agent can capitalize on this, and market your home, not only through Trulia, but through a large variety of other outlets too. Many of these other outlets are perused by potential buyers, but again are not available to FSBO sellers.

I know you have heard this several times already, but I would be happy to help you with the sale of your home. The difference is, I would be willing to assist you with some direction on how you can market it FSBO, if that is what you prefer. There is nothing flowery or mysterious about my offer to help. I will simply be a resource for you, if you prefer to not take advantage of my skills in listing/selling your home.

Feel free to contact me.
Simply put, you cannot. Do you know that the home buyer's of today are shrewd and well informed? A buyer who purchases a home directly from an owner does not do it so that you, the seller, will save a real estate commission. They expect you to pass that "savings" on to them in the form of a lower price. Did you know that properties listed by a Realtor typically sell faster and for more money than those sold by owner? As many times as not a buyer wanting to see your home has already chosen to be represented by a Realtor. They want the professional advice and assistance a Realtor is able to offer. The buyer's Realtor will represent them throughout their transaction and the buyer typically expect you to pay for their Realtor's services. Will you refuse to pay for the buyer's Realtor fee and turn away a ready and willing buyer? Of course the perception is still that you are "saving" money, by only paying one Realtor fee, and that will probably also be reflected in the offer. Trying to "save" money also puts you in the position of having to market your property yourself (you can't buy MLS or Trulia advertising, etc.), set up all showing for yourself (will you open your home to every stranger who calls or will you scare them off by following them through the house?), negotiate the contract and other legal documents yourself (lawyers are costly and contractual errors can be more costly). You see the "savings" are generally not what you may think. If you do not want to hire a Realtor because you do not have equity or other resources to pay us we may be able to negotiate our compensation from your mortgage provider.

Let's talk. No cost to talk. No obligation to utilize my services. Let me show you advantages of hiring a professional Realtorl.

Ken Richardson
Office: (260) 422-1888
ken@kenrichardsonrealty.com