Did you know.... The founder of For Sale By Owner site sold his two-bedroom apartment in Chelsea for $2.15 million—with the help of a real-estate broker and at the standard 6% commission. He spent 6 months trying himself with online ads and classifieds before turning the sale over to professional.
For Sale By Owner (FSBO) Statistics
FSBOs accounted for 9% of home sales in 2012. The typical FSBO home sold for $174,900 compared to $215,000 for agent-assisted home sales.
FSBO methods used to market home:
• Yard sign: 48%
• Listing on Internet: 32% • For-sale-by-owner websites: 20%
• Sites with real estate listings (e.g. Yahoo!, Google, etc.): 11%
• Social networking websites (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, etc.): 10%
• Video hosting websites (e.g. YouTube, etc.): 2%
• Friends, relatives, or neighbors: 30%
• Print newspaper advertisement: 14%
• Open house: 12%
• Direct mail (flyers, postcards, etc.): 2%
• Video: 1%
• For-sale-by-owner magazine: 1%
Lisa Wetzel and Jim Valentine
Certified Distressed Property Expert, CDPE
RE/MAX Realty Affiliates
1320 Hwy 395
Gardnerville, NV 89410
If you need to be approved for a new mortgage, I would be happy to get you pre-approved for a new loan. I am a Mortgage Specialist in Macomb County, MI.
If you need help or have any more questions, please feel free to give me a call.
Sr. Mortgage Specialist