Home Selling in Ellijay>Question Details

Richard Nagel, Home Seller in Ellijay, GA

How do I list my home on Trulia?

Asked by Richard Nagel, Ellijay, GA Wed Aug 29, 2012

Answers

8
Ruth & Perry Mistry’s answer
Hi Richard

Thanks for your question.

if you are a Realtor you can list, otherwise, anyone can list a foreclosed home from a Bank,
and there will be risks and jeopardy to people who show up, and get robbed, mugged or even
worse.

Now Trulia does not want that.

So get a Realtor or move on.

Ruth
What in the world are you talking about???? All this person asked was whether he could list his house (as a fsbo) on trulia! And.... he asked this over 1 1/2 years ago!!!!!
Flag Wed Feb 26, 2014
A listing agent can place your home on Trulia. If you are still looking for a realtor, I would love to talk to you about listing your home. RealtorAngelaSmith@gmail.com
Did you notice this question as asked 1.5 years ago? Do you really think he is (still) looking for an agent ?
Flag Wed Feb 26, 2014
Through a Realtor that will list your home on the MLS, then it automatically feeds into Trulia...

Laquita Baez
Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate Metrobrokers
770.901.0956
Web Reference: http://www.LaquitaBaez.com
You don't - your agent, if you choose to work with one, will list it on the MLS, and it will then appear here.
Fsbo's can't list on trulia.

You can list as a for sale by owner on Zillow.com
Richard, it's easy to list your home on Trulia, but before you do that, you should certainly make sure that your home is in the best possible condition to improve your chances of getting interested buyers and selling your home in a depressed housing market. Ask yourself, also, if you are really prepared to handle showing the home and handling all the details that includes. I understand that there are reasons you want to sell your home yourself, but I think you should be honest with yourself about several things.

One of the MOST important things you need to be realistic about is that you will most likely not be able to pull in a price even close to what the homes that are listed on the multiple listing service by the real estate professionals are able to sell at. With that said, I venture to guess that the reason you want to sell your home yourself is in order to 'keep' all the money that you are going to sell the home for. However, if you sell the home at a greatly discounted price in order to get it sold, then what have you truly gained by not using a realtor?

Another very important aspect of the FSBO (for sale by owner) transaction is the legal details and how you could easily be overwhelmed by legalities that you are unaware of. And, heaven forbid, you get caught in a transaction where you would somehow take a huge loss and 'give away the boat' while you were at it.

Selling a home on your own is a much trickier thing to do than most people think. It entails so much more than just putting a sign in your yard. Do you really realize that it can be extremely costly just to market your home? That is something the real estate professional would do for you and it would, of course, be part of the fee you pay.

Lastly, what most FSBO homeowners do NOT realize is that if their buyer is under a buyer's contract with a real estate professional, then they actually still can owe that agent their commission anyway!

My advice to you - again - is to think long and hard about your decision to try to sell your home yourself. Besides the fact that many home buyers do not feel comfortable looking at a home with the actual homeowner right there, you could find yourself in over your head in a very short time. However, if you still feel that you need to give it a try, I would consider all aspects of the decision and make a 'back-up' plan about how long you will try to sell the house yourself before you consider another form of action.
Richard,

I know you've been trying to sell your properties For Sale By Owner for some while, and I'm sorry it hasn't happened yet. There are a lot of foreclosures and bargain priced homes on the market now, and to garner attention you will need to market in many ways and in numerous locations. Trulia is one tool available, but only Realtors can add properties on this site. The Northeast GA MLS, the MLS used by the hundreds of agents in this area, offers the widest exposure for a home.
If you'd like to discuss the current local market, give me a call and I'll be glad to send you my latest newsletter.

Dan Parker - Associate Broker
Re/Max Town and Country
Top Producing Agent Since 2000
706.889.4488 (cell)
ellijayrealtor@gmail.com
http://www.danparkerrealty.com
HI Richard,

You will need to list your home with a Realtor to be on Trulia. If I can help in any way contact me.

Chuck Green, Realtor
678-578-2788
chuckgreen@kw.com
Web Reference: http://chuckgreen.com
Hi Richard have you created an account yet? If you need any assistance in anyway I would be happy to help. Contact me i'd love to be your realtor. Kaylane Peters. Keller Williams Realty Metro Atlanta Licensed in Louisiana & Georgia. 504-373-9696