Home Selling in San Gabriel>Question Details

Bruce Jessen, Real Estate Pro in San Gabriel, CA

How do I list my home for sale on Trulia?

Asked by Bruce Jessen, San Gabriel, CA Tue Feb 25, 2014

Answers

10
Hi Bruce,

Call a local agent and have them represent you.
FSBO sellers get all up-tight (not you of course) about paying a Realtor a commission. The truth is that agents do a lot more than put a home on a listing service. They represent you, and most of the time will be able to get more money for your home than you will.
Hi Bruce,

Since you are in the property management field you probably know a real estate agent or two. Reach out to those contacts to find out which agent you would be comfortable listing your home with.
You can also find out a rough estimate of your current's home value here: http://vflm007.wix.com/von007#!whats-my-home-value/cvqy

I hope this helps.

Von
Bruce, if you want to sell your home without an agent, you can google For Sale By Owner websites. As others have mentioned Trulia works with agents so they do not have that function. Studies show that only bout 2% of owners are successful at selling their own home.

The question I would ask is: why do you want to sell without an agent? I can understand trying to save on the commission, however, please consider how this will affect your sale. Buyers may be leery about approaching your home believing that a For Sale By Owner Seller may be difficult to deal with. You are limiting potential buyers. Buyers who do approach, know that the commission cost is a generally accepted cost of selling real estate and will discount your price by their assessment of what commission costs may be. If they are working with an agent, someone will have to pay the agent.

The real reason to hire an agent is to market your home to the widest possible market to get as many competing offers as possible which will result in the best price and terms to you. My company is a well known national and international brand. We market on 5 publications and over 800 websites and not only in english. Our company pays a lot of money for this service on an annual basis and few companies or For Sale by Owners can compete with this kind of marketing power.

When you sell property on a regular basis like we do (over $40,000,000 per month in sales), we know how to sell property. There are forms that only trained agents like myself know are mandatory for the sale of a property in California. If you don't give a particular form, your sale can be revoked even after the sale years later. Do you want that kind of risk?

Perhaps you were once an agent and feel you can sell your own home. The worst part is the number of agents which will immediately start contacting you as soon as you list your home to try to get you to list with them. When a seller is represented by an agent, no other agent will contact them because it is a breach of our professional standards.

So please take my advice and don't do it. However if you do, and change your mind, please consider me as your top choice when selecting an agent. I assure you, your interests will be my top priority. Best wishes!
Camelia Vera 626-484-4500 Coldwell Banker George Realty, CalBre 1871575
Trulia does not allow FSBO. Only a real estate agent can do that on trulia. Let me know if you need a recommendation for one. Email me if you need anything further.

Alex Greer
Loan Officer

http://www.TheMortgageOutlet.com
408-352-5147
AGreer@TheMortgageOutlet.com
Trulia doesn't have that function yet. But many other websites you can advertise your home for sale. And hiring a professional realtor may be the least hassle to you. Let me know when you do decide to sell, I am currently assisting buyers for homes in local areas of san gabriel, temple city, arcadia.
Hi Bruce Jessen,

All the answers are true but you should work with agent that you're comfortable with.

Hi Bruce...Unfortunately, only a Realtor can advertise your home for sale in Trulia. However, there's another real estate website which allow For Sale By Owners (FSBOs) to advertise their home for sale along with other Realtor. Send me an email and I'll let you know which one. FYI, most of my seller clients are FSBOs and investors because of my low listing commission fee if you are thinking of listing your home with a Realtor in the future.
Please don't limit yourself to listing/selling on Trulia. A great listing agent will develop a full marketing plan that can include Trulia and all other real estate websites, via listing on the multiple listing service. And this is just the beginning...
Hire a Trulia Pro Realtor. Make sure they are full time, experienced, with a great marketing plan and strong negotiation skills.
Hi Bruce,
Trulia does not allow owners to post their home for sale. It must be through a Realtor.