Home Selling in Elkton>Question Details

Tammy, Home Seller in Elkton, MD

How do I list a home on trulia?

Asked by Tammy, Elkton, MD Mon Jun 11, 2012

Answers

5
Tammy,

Your listing agent can and should do this for you. Trulia is not a site for listing For Sale By Owner properties, though if you have placed your home for sale in your local MLS with a limited service company, then it will appear on Trulia.

Most FSBO Sellers ultimately end up listing their home with a proffesional once they realize it takesa lot of work and their not really up to the task of marketing their own home effectively.

I don't work in your area, but have attached a link that may be of interest, it's on how to find a great Realtor regardless of where you live.
Good Morning Tammy,
Unfortunately you must be a liscensed agent/broker to list a home for sale on Trulia. If you are currently working with an realtor and your home is listed for sale in the mls your agent can put you on trulia as well. If you are not working with a professional in this market I would strongly encourage it. With the inventory that we currently have in the Elkton area it is very difficult to get the showings to convert into an acceptable offer without professional marketing, open houses and exposure on the mls. Remember that getting an acceptable offer is just one piece of the puzzle. After contract acceptance it is vital to have a professional watching out for your interests regarding the financing of the buyer, (to make sure he/she is truly qualified to purchase and to stay in touch with the lender to see that things are moving forward as they should), home inspections and on to settlement. It is more difficult to get a property to closing now than it has been since I became liscensed in 1997.
If you are not currently working with a qualified listing agent I suggest you consider it. I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you further. Either way, best of luck.

Mary Wagner
Champion Realty
MaryWagner@ChampionRealty.com
410-935-7060 cell
410-975-3200 office
Hi Tammy-

I would be happy to put you in touch with a realtor that can help you. I don't service the Elkton area
but I am a member of the Institute for Luxury Homes Marketing and have access to members all over the country that are creative, think outside the box realtors. Please feel free to contact me at 301-785-1995.
Hello. Tammy,
I am a licensed Maryland Realtor and a registered Trulia Pro. I would be happy to speak with you about placing your home for sale as a featured listing on Trulia as well as the local MLS, dozens of other Internet including YouTube.
Feel free to call my cell phone #443 - 309 - 9830

Dale W. Jones
Licensed Maryland
Hello. Tammy,

Dale W. Jones
Licensed Maryland