Home Selling in Yukon>Question Details

Rhonda Nowlin, Home Seller in 73099

How do I list a FSBO home on Trulia? I have filled out the personal information but cannot get to where I list a home.

Asked by Rhonda Nowlin, 73099 Sun Sep 22, 2013

Answers

8
Ryburn Group’s answer
Rhonda, with 2700 realtors in the OKC metro area, you are eliminating yourself as a FSBO, from their qualified buyers. Also, with the recent door to door scam problems in the Yukon area, why do you want to set yourself in such a vulnerable position. You need a professional to list your home.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 22, 2013
Hi Rhonda,
I'm sorry but Trulia does not accept for-sale-by-owner listings on their site. They say that this is a means to cut down on spammers abusing the site.

I suggest posting your home on Zillow.com and Craigslist.com as the service is free.

Best Wishes!

Laura Feghali
Prudential Connecticut Realty
An Affiliate of Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices of New England
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 22, 2013
Thank you!
Flag Sun Sep 22, 2013
Hi Laura!
I know they say it's to cut back on "spammers" but, imo. I think T is on the fence as to whether to allow fsbo's or not. Zillow allows it, and I think they want to keep their options open by not making it VERY clear that fsbo's aren't allowed to post. Too many consumers are confused by this part of the site, and ask the very same question this poster did, so T could clarify it IF they wanted to.
And...... the spammers are out there continually spamming rentals, not sales.....so I don't think that "answer" really addresses it.
Wouldn't be surprised one day to see them change that policy, too if they think it will generate more revenue and not turn off too many agents by welcoming fsbo's!!
Flag Sun Sep 22, 2013
Simply put - You can't list on trulia as a "fsbo".

I know this isn't made clear, and you're not the first (nor the last) person to question it.

However, only agent-listed homes may be posted here (for sale).

You can list on Zillow.com as a fsbo........or ForSaleByOwner.com, or Craigslist.com - just to name a few fsbo friendly sites.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 22, 2013
Did you end up selling your home? Were you able to sell the home FSBO?
To list a home you need to be a member of the local association. Complete your training, pass the test, join the association and then you may list your home.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 14, 2013
You don't, hire an agent to be placed on Trulia.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 8, 2013
If you are a for sale by owner the post is not allowed, you can however try blogging about the property; if and when you do list with an agent, he/she can post it for you, ask; or consider any flat fee realty company that feeds into the site.
By obtaining the required pre-licensing courses, passing your test, and hanging your license with a Broker who is a member of the National Association of Realtors.

Best of Luck