Home Selling in Ellsworth>Question Details

Dianna, Home Seller in Bar Harbor, ME

How do I know who to list my camp property with for the best exposure?

Asked by Dianna, Bar Harbor, ME Mon Jun 7, 2010

Green Lake, Ellsworth

Answers

4
I would go with a younger "generation x" type realtor/broker, someone who is internet savvy. Over 70% of homes are found online so you want perhaps someone who receives a lot of website hits or has good exposure with google. Any realtor will be able to give you the basic "throw it in MLS" listing approach.

Google "your city" homes for sale and see who comes up.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jun 7, 2010
Normally I would suggest to interview the local agents that responded to this post. Surprisingly there are none! Strong internet presence is what matters most these days. Do a search and see what agent comes up first. The agent is more important than the firm so look for the most prolific agents and interview them. As stated below, make sure they go beyond the standard and are familiar with your type of property.
Hi Dianna- I could probably recommend someone up that way if you'd like to contact me.
But, you should grab a few of the loca RE magazines and the local newspapers. Check out which company and agent is most visible in it.
This agent has the $$ to advertise in well-noticed places. They probably are fairly successful, and they are full time. Definitely choose a FT RE agent.
If I can be of help, let me know. Thanks and good luck,
Ken L.
Hello Dianna,
Interview several individuals and have them explain their marketing plans to you. Gain an understanding of the process they will take, and go with the person/company you're most comfortable with. My personal advice is to let them do their job once you've hired them! They're professionals for a reason. Good luck with your property!