Lichita, Both Buyer and Seller in 92173

How do I get the correct value for my home?

Asked by Lichita, 92173 Wed May 30, 2012

Answers

10
There's only one true way and that is to hire a certified appraiser. These appraisals are not cheap however, and can run you $400-$500.

Most Realtors will do a market evaluation for free. An agent needs to come over, view your property so they can assess the condition, upgrades, etc - By doing that and running the recent market comparables, a good agent will be able to give you an accurate assessment of your home's worth.
Hi Lichita,
Is your house being appraised for a refiance? If so you may want to contact a Realtor to run some comps and provide them with your properties upgrades, etc... so that they can do a comparable market analysis ( CMA), it's not an appraisal that the bank would do but it will give you a very good idea of market value.
If you are looking to find the value in order to sell your home a Realtor can help you by completing a CMA. When you sell your home it's good to know what your home is worth in order to price it right, however you also need to consider your marketing strategy and your competition. Contact a Realtor and start working on a creating a selling plan so that you can get the most money for your home.
Janet McCarthy
Connect Realty
jmccarthyhomes@gmail.com
858-243-5719
Typically when a seller calls for a home valuation we ask some important questions like; Does it have a pool? Is the kitchen upgraded and to what extent? What about flooring? Patio cover? Does it back up to a busy road? All of those factors matter to buyers. When you price your home you have to take into consideration not only what it's worth, but what's a buyer willing to pay? Then we do comparables. First we check the subdivision for recent sold (at least 3 from the past 90 days) activity, were they distressed, did they have views? Then we go outside the subdivision and compare properties that are recently sold as well as what your competition is priced at, along with any new home competition in the area. Then we show you the numbers and let you choose how you'd like to compete. We can give you an estimate of the time it'll take to sell your home at the price you picked. Give me a call to discuss the upgrades in your home. The website reference below will take you to our seller's page so you can see what we do to sell your home in this market. Thanks Lichita.

Chris Whittaker
760-618-1490
chris@ncsandiego.com
http://www.NCSanDiego.com
By choosing the correct realtor to sell it for you. Choosing the right realtor is the most important part of the process, good luck,

Jim Simms
NMLS # 6395
JSimms@cmcloans.com
Financing Kentucky One Home at a Time
Hi Lichita,

Have an experienced agent give you a value assessment for your property. Make sure it is comprehensive as to the size and condition of your home and include variables for your lot, pool if any, upgrades in your home and market conditions.

Best of luck to you,

Mark & Kari Shea
Shea Real Estate
Home Sales Specialists; New and Resale Homes
Valuation Specialists & Consulting
Land Sales, Acquisitions & Consulting
Serving Greater San Diego
If I were you I would rent the place out in SY, use it as leverage to buy what you can get approved for. There are many variables in your situation. Give me a call if you wanna chat.

Stephen,
619-569-7488
Hi Lichita,

If you need help before you list your home, I can prepare a report for you, showing what price range your home would be in.

Warm Regards,

Cory La Scala, REALTOR
Independence Realty
619-825-6421
Lichita,

Different factors affect the correct value of your home. Market conditions, inventory, Foreclosures, Short Sales, Comparables, condition of the property, square footage, type of property, zoning. I see you are close to my office, I would love to do an analysis of your home.

Hector R. Gastelum
Realty Executives Dillon
REALTOR #01382940
2240 Otay Lakes Rd. #306
Chula Vista, Ca 91913
hectorgastelum@yahoo.com
619-954-2225
125*142*10754
efax 619-270-2516
Hi Lichita,
Just email me your property address and I can do a complimentary CMA for you. Once I have your info, I can do a comparable market analysis and determine your home value.
I hope that helps.

Thank You,
David R.Indermill
Real Estate Advisor
Re/Max Hall Of Fame
Re/Max La Jolla
Dre#01232827
Cell:858-414-5478
email: davidindermill@gmail.com
You can hire an appraiser or you can call a real estate agent. The criteria that is used for each varies a bit. Either way, you will get a range, not an exact figure. Keep in mind that your home is only worth what a buyer is willing to pay for it.

A good rule of thumb is to compare it to other homes within 6-12 blocks of your home that are similar. What did they sell for in the past 30-60 days? How does your home compare to theirs using such items as square footage, acreage, age of windows, roof, furnace, AC, water heater and other miscellaneous updates.