Home Selling in Albuquerque>Question Details

threedogdan,  in Albuquerque, NM

How do I get rid of my current real estate agent.?

Asked by threedogdan, Albuquerque, NM Thu Jul 5, 2012

I am having doubts that my agent is doing all that is possible to sell the house. There have been calls, but instead of scheduling a time to show the house , my agent tells them to drive by on their own and call back if they are interested in a showing. I think that when they call, they are already showing interest and my agent should act on it. If the potential buyer is like most, they have already used google to find the house and driven by.

Answers

10
The first thing I would recommend is to sit down face-to-face with your agent and express your concerns/frustrations with your agent. I think it's important this is done in person, not over the phone. Try to establish some ground rules moving forward.
Hi Dan,

If you're doubting your agents efforts, then you may have been doubting him/her for some time now.

How much time is left on your listing agreement? If I understand correctly from a previous post, you presently have an offer on your property. That can make it a bit more challenging since you might be under contract.

You are right, your agent should make a good faith effort to work any possible lead that could result in the sale of your home. You're also right with the research that consumers do online. With nearly 90% of home buyers using the internet to search for properties, they likely already know what your backyard looks like from the satellite view, and now want to see the inside of your home.

There is a lot to discuss regarding your situation and all available options that you have. Feel free to connect with me directly. I'll be available to assist you with all your questions and concerns.

Leigh-Jo
Syan Real Estate
Call/Text: (505) 730-8181
Web Reference: http://www.Syan.com
All these answers are good! You just need to ask your agent and/or their broker. They may ask for more time and then you may see them scramble a bit more, but scrambling is not the answer... doing the right things is the answer. Feel free to check out an article I wrote regarding a real strategy for selling a home for top dollar in any market. You can read it here: http://goo.gl/l5mr6
This is the foundation for my efforts. You should interview at least 3 of us and by the end of that interview, you will have a good idea who to hire. You should ask them if they actively buy and sell in this market themselves because an agent who does, knows the market the best and is on top of the lastest strategies to sell quickly (since they have their own money on the line). You should also ask for references, but if they hand you a printout of people to call, that is not good enough. For example, I offer my complete list of past clients, which I pull up real-time in the MLS and you can randomly choose any one of them to call! Not many agents will do that, unless they are confident that all of their past clients will refer them. Shoot me a text, call, or email anytime with questions about anything real estate or Albuquerque related! Check out my Q&A and bio right here on Trulia for more compelling info as well! Best of luck to you! I will answer your other question too.
Three Dog Dan, You should be able to terminate your listing agreement if that is what you want to do. Before that you may want to have a converstation with the listing broker and the qualifing broker to see it there are any other solutions.

If you terminate and still want to sell when you interview the next brokers make you expecations very clear. Not only about showing your home, but other things you may want the broker to do.

You can also investgate the brokers on the web to see if there is a good fit. You may learn how experienced they are and how many listings they have.

Good luck, Kelly Hardison
Coldwell Banker Legacy
1. Give notice via email of termination for cause. Ask for an written response agreeing to the termination.

2. Give me a call. There are certain things an agent can do to drum up interest in your home. I will tell you what they are, give you a written plan of action, and then stick to it.
It's actually pretty easy.. especially if you are dissatisfied with his services...

Call him up and tell him you are dissatisfied and you would like to terminate your listing agreement with him... if you have trouble with him... talk to his qualifying broker... his boss.... he should respond to you quickly... Make sure that you sign a termination agreement with him or the qualifying broker and that there will be no further obligation to them on your part...

Then interview other agents, and choose someone whom has been in the business a while..
.. like myself?

Toby Atencio
505-263-0233
HI!

The best thing to do is to write down a list of items that you would like your Realtor to do, such as showing the home when people call about it, holding an open house and marketing online to larger audiences. Tell your Realtor that you are unhappy with their services and what you would like to see them do differently. Most Realtors really want to please their seller AND want to get paid. If I don't sell your home, no paycheck.

Most likely you are in a listing Agreement for 90-120 days. Within that agreement, is a list of things that your Broker has agreed to do. Review that contract with them. Once you have asked for the changed that you'd like, if the Realtor still doesn't do any of your wishes, you may ask to terminate the contract. I don't know any Realtors that want to work with a seller that isn't happy with their services. Our business is about customer service, repeat business and referrals. They may just not realize how unhappy you are.

I hope that helps!
Mary

http://www.YesRealtyNewMexico.com
(505) 440-4878
I am sure you did sing a listing agreement through your agent with his or her real estate brokerage office. At that time you should have discussed all that the agent would be doing on your behalf and that should have included arrange showings, eventually accompany them, etc. etc. Why he or she
is asking to drive by first, I would ask your Realtor for the reason......

If he has a gooood reason for it, then YOU the seller and home owner certainly should know what it is.

On the other hand if you are unsatisfied with the way this agent is providing service to you, ask him or her for changes or at least discuss them, if that does not lead to an agreement that is satisfactory for both sides, then make an appointment and ask to sit down and speak with the Managing broker of your Realtor's office, that Manager has a few choices,

a) to assign to you another agent, or ask the current agent to deal with calls differently
b) to let you know how you can get out of the listing agreement with them

Good Luck to you...
Sincerely yours,
Edith YourRealtor4Life & Chicago and Northern Illinois Expert
Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients, Buyers, Sellers and Investors alike....
Covering for @Properties the city of Chicago, all N and NW suburbs, the fine homes on the
North Shore, and many of the W and SW suburbs, and with her trusted Partner Agents all of
the US and worldwide properties. Edith speaks French, German, some Spanish and other.....
@Properties, 30 Green Bay Rd, Winnetka, Illinois 60093 ---- EdithDoesItRight@yahoo.com or EdithSellsHomes@gmail.com Check out my website at htttp://www.tinyurl.com/MeetEdithHere
get to know me better and learn about my experience, expertise, services available and letters of recommendation of former clients..... Also you can sign up on my site to search for properties in my expanded service area. HAVE THE MOST WONDERFUL DAY :)
In this case, I would agree with you.
The procedure would be to call the Broker and tell them what you've told us.

Good luck and may God bless
You can call or email your agent. I recommend talking with them, letting them know your reasons, etc. Also, if you have anything in writing from them as your Agent, you should also put it in writing of your termination. There is a form for this that your current agent will have access too.

If you are then looking for another company and agent to work with, I'd be glad to meet you and let you know how I work, and what your expectations may be of me and vice versa.

I'd be glad to help. Feel free to call, text or email me anytime.

Adam Pehrson
Sandia Peak Realty
Adam@SandiaPeakRealty.com
505-401-0496