Gperkes, Home Buyer in Colorado Springs, CO

How do I get a photo of our home to go with our for-sale-by-owner home? How do I change the note at the top that says "inactive" to active?

Asked by Gperkes, Colorado Springs, CO Fri Mar 16, 2012

How do I list open house dates/times?

Answers

4
To get your home listed on Trulia, you need to have it listed with an agent. You could give yourself a root canal, but do you really want to, just to save the money? No, you'd hire a dentist.

You're dealing with the largest transaction of your life. You need to hire a professional to get your home sold!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Mar 16, 2012
Sally said it best. Hire a professional realtor in your area, they will know the best ways to market you home.
I recommend websites For Sale By Owner in your area. A successful one because you can list for free, unless you buy a lot of their stuff, is http://www.owners.com. I know in FL there is http://www.buyowner.com, but they charge around $400 until it sells -or it used to be. The pblm if you are in central U.S. or somewhere else, it is not well known. Research online as much as possible. Craigslist is a lot of junk and nothing serious. Zillow is misleading -Okay to list, but do not believe all you read. It is a lot of work, but can be done. Put on a realtor's hat, don't think like homeowner or you will have sentimental attachments. Good Luck!!
Hello Gperkes,
Sally is correct in that Trulia does not accept for-sale-by-owner listings so no photo can be added nor your property be moved to an "active" status.

If you decide to list with a real estate firm then photos, copy, virtual tours, and open house times can be added.

I suggest that you consider posting your home for sale on Zillow.com and Craigslist.com for free, and Forsalebyowner.com for a nominal fee.

Laura Feghali
Prudential Connecticut Realty