Home Selling in Huntington>Question Details

Barbara, Home Seller in Huntington, NY

How do I get a lising of homes recently sold in suffolk county NY?

Asked by Barbara, Huntington, NY Mon Jul 21, 2008

Answers

8
Glen Hagen’s answer
Simply go to http://www.mlsli.com/ and you will see a "Homes Sold" option box on the home page. Once you click, you will be able to see homes that sold in any given town in Suffolk County. The "Homes Sold" area is a recently added service from our MLS.

If you want to know homes sold in all of Suffolk County for any reason, check with a knowledgeable Realtor that will be able to provide that information. In addition, you could go to https://www.liprofiles.com/Default.asp, Long Island Profiles, and subscribe to their service that will also give you that information including homes that have sold privately.
Web Reference: http://www.GlenHagen.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Nov 20, 2008
You should really contact a Realtor for this type of advise Barbara as information like that if not filtered correctly could be misleading.
A professional Realtor would not only get you the information but will be able to sort it based on commonalities. Additionally if your goal is to get an idea of your homes' value we are much more experienced in that area. The bonus is that we do it all for free.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 22, 2008
Hi Barbara, contact me, I will help you with exactly what you need! If you are trying to get an idea of the value of your home, I will be happy to do so too for free.
Regards.Christophe
Web Reference: http://www.creny.com
A subscription service is the list of sold properties by section, block and lot number. But you only have to look up details of each property individually at the County Records Office in Riverhead, then drive round to each house and talk to the neighbors about what each house contained and it's conditions etc. perhaps the new owners or the neighbors might let you know all the factors that impacted the final sale price. On the other hand you could hire your own independent agent who spends all day every day looking at this data and interpreting what it means for their clients.
The best way is to contact a good Realtor in the area. A Realtor can provide an extensive market analysis, and give you an idea of what is happening in the market within the county. There may be conditions which affect your property that you may not know, and there may also be things about the particular area that may increase or decrease the value of the property in question.

There have been changes in the mortgage market recently that have made a huge impact on the markets everywhere. But all real estate is local, and the markets have been affected in this in different ways. New York has weathered the crisis better than some other places like Florida, Las Vegas and Arizona.

If you are considering selling your property, a good Realtor can help you get an idea of the market times of property that has sold, and can advise as to how to best showcase and spotlight your property in order to position it properly. It's always best to have an expert on your team, and with the market today, it's also wise to have someone who can advise you how to sell your property with the least time on the market.
Hi Barbara,

A local realtor can definitely provide this information for free.

You can also subscribe to Suffolk Profiles which will give you all homes that have sold in Suffolk even if they were sold privately. There is a fee for this service

A third option is to go to Riverhead and do the research yourself. It is free. All sales are public information and obtainable at the county clerk's office.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me on my cell,516-375-9313, or by email, cori@huntingtonnyrealestate.com
Suggest that you log on to the Long Island Board of Reators site, determine the area(s) that you are interested in, your time framework, other pertinent info and get your answer. You may want tro contact a local real estate agent to help you along on this matter, also.
The (sold) price of the home is determined by the Location, School District, etc. If you like to know more information, I will be glad to help you. Please email me jzilpelwar@yahoo.com or call me on my cell# (631)889-2997 or work (631)941-4111 x 336..Thanks.