Home Selling in Dayton>Question Details

Gary, Both Buyer and Seller in Dayton, OH

How do I find out which realtors and brokerages are moving the most homes in my area?

Asked by Gary, Dayton, OH Thu Jan 10, 2008

I live in Huber Heights Ohio and I want to sell my home soon. I want to pick and pay for a realtor who has a great track record in my area. I look at the main brokerage websites to see who is in the million dollar club and top revenues, etc. but I also know that it takes 10-15 homes in my neighborhood to compete with 1 or 2 homes in many areas surrounding me that are well within the same region of coverage for these brokerages. As I look now, I would be competing with 50-75 homes in my city with the same characteristics as mine.

Answers

12
Alan May’s answer
I wouldn't limit myself strictly to the "top producers" in your area. Often you'll find that the top producers function like a machine, with assistants in place to take phone calls, and contact sellers. Theirs is often a numbers game, the more listings they have, the more likely some will sell.

Sometimes those 2nd and 3rd tier agents who still sell quite a bit, are a better choice. They may not have assistants galore, but they have that personal touch, and are driven to sell your property.

Pay attention to the agents in your area who've been able to attract your attention. Those that have marketed effectively in your area, prints ads, signage, internet presence, etc... Check out their Realtor.com site... is it an enhanced site, did they do a good job with photos, and revamped descriptions & virtual tours. Contact them, what is their track record... how many recent sales, and what is their list/sale ratio, how many have expired or cancelled? How many of those homes were similar (comparable) to yours. What is their marketing plan... does it sound reasonable?

Get a feel for character and personality... you'll be spending a lot of time together... feel comfortable.
Alan May, Real Estate Pro in Evanston, IL
These statistics say a lot

Area Statistics

Cincinnati

MLS sales volume declined 12.6%
Sibcy Cline sales volume only declined 7.7%

N. Kentucky

MLS sales volume declined 10.24%
Sibcy Cline sales volume only declined 3.9%

Dayton

MLS sales volume declined 5.6%
Sibcy Cline sales volume increased 15.3%
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Apr 9, 2008
You want to ask brokerage companies some questions about their companies ability to generate buyers. This would include: What percent of the buyers in the market does your firm represent in Huber Heights? What percent of your Huber Heights listings does your company find a buyer for? What is your company's sales price to list price ratio, and last but not least what is your companies average days on market for homes in my general price range? The "million dollar club" is not really a good indicator of success as I would want someone that has a minimum of 3 million dollars a year in business. In Huber Heights that would be about 20 transactions per year which is important when you are a serious seller.

Ask questions about what their market share is representing buyers because you want to list with a company that generates buyers for their listings, not one that just relies on the strength of other companies to sell their listings.
Gary, all agents are contractors that work under the umbrella of their brokerage. In essence, each agent owns their own business and is responsible for its operation. Focus on what your indivdual agent can do for you as weaker agents will lean heavily on brokerage volume versus their own!
Gary,

Check out the days on market graph on my website - that should answer the question as to who sells homes quickest. Real Living does not "claim" to be the best - we sell more homes, it is a fact and is published at realtor.com. We sell more homes than any other Ohio agency. We are #1 in Ohio for residential home sales and #4 in the nation. No other brokerage in the area even comes close to the number of homes we sell consistently.

Christina Asad Edwards, REALTOR
2006 & 2007 Sales Masters Top Agent
Christina.AsadEdwards@RealLiving.com
http://www.teamedwards.info
mobile or text 937-205-4741
office 937-573-0082
fax 937-433-3561
Real Living Realty - #1 in OHIO!
Realty, Mortgage, Title, Relocation
Your question will be answered by many real estate companies all claiming to be number one. In reality there is only one number one in the Dayton area and they have been since 1974. It is Coldwell Banker Heritage. If you email me I can send you the statistics from the Dayton MLS for proof.
Hi Gary!

Here is some more information on myself for home sellers -

My name is Christina Asad Edwards and I am a Realtor with Real Living Realty as well as the Sales Masters Top Agent (2006 – 2007 and counting). My office is in nearby Centerville and I am very familiar with Patterson Park and many of the homes themselves.

You are in a great location! I would market the excellent shape of your property, the size of your home, the fact that it is a 4 BR vs. 3 BR, as well as the community, and the price to potential Buyers. One of my specialties is marketing your home in an exciting, professional manner to attract the most qualified Buyers. Pictures help sell homes (especially on the Internet) so I stage your home, take eye appealing photos, and create a virtual tour that emphasizes your home's selling points and really make it stand out among the others!

Innovative marketing of your home is just one of the services I provide. As you are probably well aware, in order to ensure that your home sells as quickly as possible, it must be priced properly and prepared to show! I am glad to hear yours is in excellent condition! I will personally meet with you prior to any paperwork being signed to evaluate your home and give you my professional advice on anything else you could do to get your home ready and at what price. Prior to marketing your home, we will spend quite a bit of time discussing the best way to make your home a star in the eyes of BUYERS!

I know that you will receive MANY proposals from agents about your home, so please read this proposal completely BEFORE you decide. So, what do I offer that would make you want to work with me?

LEAD GENERATION - the systems I use to bring BUYERS to your home.
CONTRACT NEGOTIATION - My negotiation skills are strong because I do an enormous amount of research about your property and the market so that you can make informed decisions about the offers you receive. I conduct seminars for Buyers and Sellers on the art of negotiation.
PERSONAL SERVICE - I am available by email or mobile phone 24/7 (my personal number is listed below). I handle every aspect of your transaction personally and I DO NOT turn you over to an assistant!
WEALTH OF INFORMATION - I view over 1000 homes per month, so I know the inventory and I know what your competition is doing! I have seen many of the "pitfalls" that can occur and I have the experience to help you avoid them.

I hope you are satisfied that I am at least worth talking to (or emailing). I look forward to hearing from you. Please email or phone me and I will be happy to discuss your situation in a no pressure, professional manner!

Make every day count!

Christina Asad Edwards, REALTOR
2006 & 2007 Sales Masters Top Agent
Christina.AsadEdwards@RealLiving.com
http://www.teamedwards.info/
mobile or text 937-205-4741
office 937-573-0082
fax 937-433-3561
Real Living Realty - #1 in OHIO!
Realty, Mortgage, Title, Relocation
Web Reference: http://www.teamedwards.info
Remeber that the month of December was the worst month for Resale homes in a LONG time -- and I too want a listing agent that sold 10 homes in December..but I have to be realistic.. I need the most capable and competitive agent that is internet connected and can work "outside the huge real estate box".
Networking within your community will be a huge advantage..get the word out.
best of the best
Mary
Real Living Realty is #1 in Ohio for residential home sales, check http://www.realtor.com for stats.

Christina
Gary, when you are trying to find a real estate company to sell your home, just about every company will tell you they are number one in Dayton. Ask them to give statistics to show they are number one. You will also want to ask them how they will market your home and make sure the company is leading the real estate internet marketing surge as 80% of the buyers start their home search there. But the best way to sell a house is to price it competitively with others that are in the same neighborhood and of the same style and to make sure the condition is pristine, two things you can control. Make sure you inteview more than one company!
Web Reference: http://www.MyMLSRealtor.com
Find the ares you like and see who is on the web and who has great tools. Ask for a resume. Call a Broker and ask for their Top Producer. While Top Agents can be busy they usually have solid support and great systems to help their clients get the best deals. Focus on the area you want and look closely at who is out there workiing the area. Not that hard to find really! Make sure their goals match yours and ask how they work and how they will help you!

Best wishes!

Dirk T Knudsen
"The Real Estate Doctor"
Web Reference: http://www.nwhomecenter.com
Gary,

I can sit down with you and show you the stats of any realtor you want to see through the MLS. It is a simple process and I can help you select who may be the best option for you. Of course, we will be honest with you and tell you what we can sell your home for, and if we cant sell it for what you want or need, we will not list it, but I am sure there is a less than ethical agent out there that will gladly over price your home for you! It happens every day. Call me at 937-974-5176
Web Reference: http://www.SWOhioRealty.com