djash01, Home Buyer in 89117

How do I find out the property owner of a house?

Asked by djash01, 89117 Mon Sep 16, 2013

I was wondering if any realtor would be willing to do me a favor and tell me the owner of the house. We are moving into a rental property and would like to find the owner details before we move in. The property manager does not give any details.

Answers

10
You can find out the owner name, mortgage history, tax and even possible lien of his house for free. Go to http://www.searchq.com and enter the property address to download a free property report.
the free report gives you no data about the owner name
Flag Wed Apr 22, 2015
Hello Djash01,

The Owner has hired the Property Manager for a reason.......personal privacy, and management of the property without being personally involved......you can ask all your questions and concerns to the property manager, and have them clear those for you...
Yes, I can find out the owners details, and perhaps even where they currently live....
Be well and safe and all the best,
Nina Daruwalla
BRE#01712223
First, are you sure you are dealing with a property manager -- and did you actually go to the property management office? Or are you dealing with someone you met online? Some unscrupulous people hijack listings and post them as their own. Then they claim they are out of the country, and ask that you wire your deposit and payment via Western Union. Be careful!

As for finding out who the owner is, You can always go to county records and search there. Just know that some properties may be in the name of a trust, which can be anything --- a fictitious name representing one or more individual owners, etc.

1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Sep 16, 2013
You can ask any Realtor or you can go to the county as this information is public knowledge. There is no secret. If something was happening to my rental, I would like to know, sometimes property managers do not pay attention to those that make no noise, ie pay their rent and don't complain. I was a property manager for 6 years one of my homes I was responsible for paid on time for 5 years, when they vacated I found out that they had not had utilities for more than 3 years and they used the cupboard doors as fire wood, the bath tub had so much dry rot around it that you could see the ground and the sun lite through the floor.

You see unless there is an issue the property manager can not keep up with 200 to 300 properties and visit them all.

Pearl Ahlquist-Ruby
How do i find out if someone does oun this house
As someone who owns rentals, I prefer all contact to be through the property manager. Although ownership is readily available as stated below, I guess I'm curious to know why you want to know? If you suspect fraud on behalf of the property manager, check their references.
how
Flag Wed Jul 2, 2014
Ask the property manager to show you the owners name. It should be on the lease paperwork.

I do agree with the other answers.

Brian
Owner info is public record that you can get from the assessor's office. Most realtors, like me, will not be comfortable giving out the information.

Property ownership is public information and property manager should not refuse if you ask.

Please send address detail and we'll be happy to provide you that.

As Pacita mentioned be careful of dealing with suspicious people who you may have never met and ask you to deposit funds in their account.

Good luck to you,

Charo Bhatt
http://www.HomesByCharo.com
Hi djash, yes Realtors can find listed property owners, but its also public record you can find it at the county office. You can also find it online. You can go to http://www.acgov.org. I went to google and typed in online public records fremont ca. and found free sites where you can check public records. Dawn