Home Selling in Ocean City>Question Details

Maddie, Home Seller in Ocean City, NJ

How do I find expertise in structuring lease purchase agreements in terms of option amounts, rent amount, purchase price and modeling cost scenarios?

Asked by Maddie, Ocean City, NJ Thu Apr 5, 2012

I am looking for someone (accountant?) with expertise in structuring lease purchase agreements in terms of upfront option amounts, rent amounts, purchase price, etc. and can model various economic scenarios. I would utilize a real estate attorney for contract review but am looking for an expert in crunching the numbers.

When you are entering into a contract that has so much at stake, it would be well worth the money to have a real estate lawyer draw up the contract. That way you will be protected against "loopholes" in a poorly drawn contract!
Joanne Bernardini
Sales Associate
Certified Short Sale Agent
KellerWilliams Realty
One Atlantic Ave.
Ocean City, NJ 08226
Hi Maddie,

This depends on what you want the end result to be, and just what the deal points are.
Some of these are very simple, and some are very intricate. You may want to have an attorney take care of the contract, or you could have a Realtor do it..
I have done several deals of this nature, and you could look at the formats I have used. We often use a typical agreement of sale with attached addendums for the details regarding funds allocation to the sale price, and the rental amounts. Time lines such as final settlement date, payment due dates , etc. would also be outlined in the agreement.
This type of deal is usually not as complicated as it may seem,

Give me a call, I can help you with this

Rick Adams, REMAX at the SHORE
3301 Bay Ave., Ocean City, NJ 08226
Office: 609-398-7100...Cell 609-602-0684
Various attorneys, real estate agents and also accountants may have expertise in this. I have done a few myself but don't pretend to be expert.I'd start locally and begin asking folks who has done a lot of this. Eventually you will reach someone with the needed experience.