Home Selling in San Diego>Question Details

ronald.lwill…, Other/Just Looking in San Diego, CA

How do I find an expired mls listing?

Asked by ronald.lwilliams, San Diego, CA Wed May 23, 2012

Answers

17
Hi Ronald-- Everyone is correct that any member of the MLS (SANDICOR for San Diego) can search out this information. Another option for you is to go to http://www.listingbook.com

Go to the buyers tab---- you will have a choice to contact a realtor or to have a courtesy account. If you do this I think you will be able to drill into MLS information at your own selection.

Then, of course, any of us would be happy to further assist-- This is, however, a way you can initiate the data collection by yourself. Best wishes!
Best thing is to bypass a realtor and work directly with your local wholesaler, they are on top of expired listings. I get these all the time , I approach the homeowner after the expiration. Typically putting th e property on a lease purchase agreement, with terms favorable to the seller.
Ask your trusted Agent he can help you
How can I find out why a pending offer went back on the market? Is there anyway to know if prior inspections were done on the home?
All listings in the MLS can be found by either the address or MLS number. The easiest way to find the status of an expired listing is to do a search by the address, because it may have been re-listed with a new MLS number.
Realtors can search for an expired and find the history of the listing which may indicate why it expired.
Are you thinking of contacting the owner and making an offer directly? In that case be aware that most listing contracts provide compensation to the listing agent from buyers who may try to negotiate outside of the listing term.
Janet McCarthy
Connect Realty
jmccarthyhomes@gmail.com
858-243-5719
so you can get in trouble for try to access a expired listing Im in allentown pa and wanted to access a expired listing to start sending the yellow letters to these sellers can you give me any advise on whats the best way to get this information Im new to this and eager to start as a Real Estate investor my name is Jenn
Flag Sat Mar 23, 2013
Hi Ronald,
Ask Your Realtor and they can assist you.
Good Luck.
Hi Ronald,

Just ask your real estate agent to help you with that. They're easy to find.
Ronald,
The best way is to partner with a Realtor who will can do the research for you, because a lot of the expired listings are short sales that went into foreclosure, or foreclosures that went to auction. You have to know how to look for them and you have to be able to do research on them to know if they are a traditional seller who just gave up trying to sell becuase of overpricing or received no offers for some other reason. I do work expired listings and would welcome a partner to handle the ones I do find. You can contact me through my website http://www.EvesGardenOfHomes.com
Hi Ronald,
If you are looking for an expired listing its probably easiest if you ask your realtor to pull the info. Its really easy for us to go onto the MLS and locate that kind of info.
Hope that helps, Filly
Hire a Realtor,

Hector R. Gastelum
Realty Executives Dillon
REALTOR #01382940
2240 Otay Lakes Rd. #306
Chula Vista, Ca 91913
hectorgastelum@yahoo.com
619-954-2225
125*142*10754
efax 619-270-2516
Hi Ronald,

Usually once a listing is expired, and has not relisted, the seller has most likely decided not to sell the property.

If you need the information for some reason, ask your agent (or an agent you know) to pull the information.

Know that sometimes the listing agent will delete key information from the listing after it expires to protect their former client's privacy.

Best of luck to you,

Mark & Kari Shea
Shea Real Estate
Home Sales Specialists
Valuation Specialists & Consulting
Land Sales, Acquisitions & Consulting
Serving Greater San Diego
Any agent can find it for you if you have the address and/or MLS number. Feel free to contact me directly.
Hello Ronald~

I am more than happy to look it up for you, through the MLS, if you are not able to find it from Google, etc. Just let me know if you'd like some help!

Happy Memorial Weekend coming up : )

Chris Gorno
Ronald,
Expired listing are readily available for any Realtor. I would be glad to help you with this. I just need the address or MLS #.
If you need any other services from a Realtor, please let me know.

I am never too busy for your referrals

Jerry Heard
Your Broker
The San Diego Property Shop
http://www.TheSanDiegoPropertyShop.com
jerry.sdps@cox.net
Direct 619-920-9796
Office 619-269-5545
Fax 619-269-9168
CA DRE # 00648687
why would you want to? Just wondering...
Are you not working with a local experienced Realtor to sell your home in San Diego?

Feel free to let us know why this info would be interesting or useful to YOU.

Good luck to you...
Edith YourRealtor4Life! Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients - Buyers, Sellers and Investors Alike. I cover the city of Chicago, all N and NW suburbs and the fine homes on
the North Shore and cover for clients US States and acquisitions worldwide with partner agents.
EdithSellsHomes@gmail.com
@Properties North Shore
Hi Ronald,

If you know the address, you can still search it through google, or any of these property sites (Trulia, Redfin, SD Lookup, etc.) first, & see if it shows up. If you don't know the address, but have the MLS #, I can look it up on our MLS directly.

Is there something I can help you with?

Jeff Mendelsohn
(619) 339-2166
You can ask your agent to pull it off the MLS for you. If you don't have an agent and would like assistance, you can contact me directly.

Thank you!
Sinead McAllister
Broker
McAllister Homes Real Estate & Property Management
858-205-5215
brokermcallister@gmail.com