Home Selling in Winlock>Question Details

Julie Menden…, Home Seller in Winlock, WA

How do I establish a sell price for my 10 acres in Winlock, WA?. It is high and dry and level. 3 acres in trees. Has well, septic, and power

Asked by Julie Mendenhall, Winlock, WA Wed May 25, 2011

Has well, 20 year old designer septic in great condition and power. Mobile home is very old but currently lived in. Out buildings have no value. Cruise on 3 acres of timber out of the 10 acres has been done. Lewis county assessed the land at 92,900 and improvements at 16,000. I have done some research at the Assessors office and not been able to find comparable property.

Help the community by answering this question:


Julie: There are many factors that we have to take into consideration to determine the market value of a property. My colleges are right; a CMA (comparable Market Analysis) will be the best way.
If we do not have too many comparables in Winlock, sometimes we have to use the ones in the neighboring towns; in your case would be Vader, Toledo and even Napavine. I did a quick search and I noticed some sales in Winlock like for example: A 1993 DW w/ 8.4 acres sold for $125K, a1994 dw w/ 6.3 acs. sold for $169K while a 1992 DW w/ 9.95 acs in Napavine sold for 200K among others. That is why it is important that we look at your property will all its amenities, timber value, etc., compare it with similar active and sold properties and based on that, we can give you a professional opinion based on facts. Lewis County is my Market, if you have any questions or need my help, please do not hesitate to e-mail or call me. I’d love to help you. (BTW, I know two cruisers one in Chehalis and one in Morton that could help you w/ the value of your timber)
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu May 26, 2011
Hi Julie,

You may have to expand your search into other counties to find a comparables. You also have be ble to give and take on the elements in your search. Realtors hve access to information that would make your search easier. These services are, or should be, of no charge to you. I would be happy to help you with this search free of charge. I happen to live in Winlock as well. I work for Century 21 in Longview. Give me a jingle and I'll be happy to be of service! 360-560-3821.


Barb Pedersen
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu May 26, 2011
You need to talk to some local agents that are familiar with acreage properties. If you need a referral, let me know. Good luck to you.
Web Reference: http://www.metromgi.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed May 25, 2011
Hi Julie,
You need to speak with a good Commercial Broker. Send me an email if you would like a referral in your area.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed May 25, 2011
You bring a local agent/broker/realtor out to your property to do a comparable market anyalsis. They are usually free and the broker can add a lot of insight on things you can do to add value to your property, give you current market conditions and answer any questions your have about selling.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed May 25, 2011
My advice would be to contact several local real estate agents and ask them their opinion on market value. Also, some additional questions I would have is what is the highest and best use of the property? Could you build a home on it? Could you subdivide it and build multiple homes on it? I would also suggest that you look at the current properties for sale in the area to see if any are similar and then check to see how long they have been on the market and what they are asking for them.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed May 25, 2011
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer