kellysmith, Home Seller in Chapel Hill, NC

How do I auction my house?

Asked by kellysmith, Chapel Hill, NC Tue Jul 10, 2012

Answers

8
Hi Kelly, I hold a real estate broker's license as well as an auctioneer's license with AuctionFirst NC. A discerning piece of info with regard to whether to AUCTION versus a CONVENTIONAL sale has to do with the amount of equity you have in the property. This is key. It is important to know that though a Seller pays NO COMMISSION via the auction method, the Seller is responsible for up front marketing fees that generally equate to 1-1.5% of the Seller's "reserve price" (lowest acceptable offering price). 91 619-7347
Christy Kimbro has a website, look for christy kimbro.com, her email is ckimbro@fmrealty.com and her office telephone number is 919-869-1118.
If you want to auction your house telephone Christy Kimbro, Fonville Morisey Realty, Chapel Hill, her cell number is 919-619-7347. She is licensed and experience auctioneer and can give you clear and easy - to - understand what is involved. Be sure to tell her I referred you to her! Best wishes, Charles

Or give me a call. 919-869-1152 and I will give you email and other telephone number. CSG
At AuctionFirst, the seller's expenditure (usually $3,000 - $5,000) is spent exclusively to market the property. Using state of the art tools, marketing is focused in the locale of prospective buyers. A house in Rocky Mount attracted buyers from Texas and Washington, DC. Another house in the Triangle might appeal to buyers from Charlotte and Richmond. Using the Internet, it is possible to constantly evaluate and redirect marketing dollars as the house is being promoted. AuctionFirst has an international list of buyers interested in both residential and commercial properties in North Carolina.

Evaluation of the seller's goals and market knowledge are used to establish the initial starting price. Given the intense publicity of a single property (a collection of properties), the buyers' bids are the true market value for the house. The market being those people currently interested in purchasing a house. The seller has the option of setting a minimum bid for their house. If none of the bids meet the seller's minimum, the seller has the option of a traditional sale through the MLS.

Good candidates for auction are unique houses that differ from nearby recent sales. Sellers (including estates) who are truly ready to sell.

Buffie Webber
Keller Williams & AuctionFirst
919 428-3218
If you are certain, use an auction company. However, I agree with an earlier poster that you should discuss with a real estate professional to be sure an auction is best for you.
I am a Realtor and I plan to auction my home. There are several requirements to do so and I don't know all that is involved. Understand that not all homes are appropriate for auctions, and a lot depends on your situation, equity in the home, reasons for auction, the home itself. Buffie Webber from Keller Williams (my office) is now a licensed auctioneer and works with Auction First. She will handle the auction for my home. Why don't you contact her?

Buffie.webber@gmail.com
919-428-3218
There are real estate firms that specialize in auctions, you would need the services of one of those. I don't offer auctions, but do offer choices in services and fees instead of the one size fits all commissions charged by many agents. I can structure a marketing program to fit your needs and maximize your return on the sale if you decide on a more traditional approach. From what I have seen in this area, auctions are a bit of a gimmick and most properties put up for auction do not actually sell that way.
Kelly

Can you explain why you would want to auction your home instead of sell your home ? I want to make sure you are well informed and have all the information in order to make the best business decision for your purpose. If you prefer please contact me and we can discuss what you are trying to do and I will be glad to provide you with the information that you need to auction if you feel that is your best solution.

Deborah Rigsbee Miller, Real Estate Broker, SFR
Coldwell Banker - HPW
919-491-2826
This is court ordered through a divorce.
Flag Tue Jul 10, 2012