Home Selling in Wilmington>Question Details

Victory Prop…, Real Estate Pro in Raleigh, NC

How can you tell the difference between normal wear and tear and actual damage?

Asked by Victory Property Management, Raleigh, NC Tue Jul 10, 2012

Victory Real Estate
4002 1/2 Oleander Drive
Wilmington, NC 28403

910.447.9495

Answers

3
Normal wear and tear are things like nail holes, scuff marks and dirty carpet. Damage would be larger holes in the wall, stains on carpets, etc.
It is what it expected from normal use of the property, floors windows, walls, tubs, sinks and appliances..... If walls are or floors are slightly dirty or scuffed depending on the time used is normal wear and tear, if cabinet doors are broken, if a dog scratched up a door so bad that a new one needs to be installed, if carpeting has so many stains and the kind of that cannot be removed by simple cleaning, then that is not normal wear and tear anymore.....

Damage is something that has been done, to something that is other than what one would understand was normal wear and tear, grease stains, oil stains from factory shoes on light carpeting
is damage not normal wear and tear. So not knowing what the actual situation is, it is hard to tell
what category it falls into....

Hope this helps a little....
Sincerely yours,
Edith YourRealtor4Life & Chicago and Northern Illinois Expert
Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients, Buyers, Sellers and Investors alike....
Covering for @Properties the city of Chicago, all N and NW suburbs, the fine homes on the
North Shore, and many of the W and SW suburbs, and with her trusted Partner Agents all of
the US and worldwide properties. Edith speaks French, German, some Spanish and other.....
@Properties, 30 Green Bay Rd, Winnetka, Illinois 60093 ---- EdithDoesItRight@yahoo.com or EdithSellsHomes@gmail.com Check out my website at htttp://www.tinyurl.com/MeetEdithHere
get to know me better and learn about my experience, expertise, services available and letters of recommendation of former clients..... Also you can sign up on my site to search for properties in my expanded service area. HAVE THE MOST WONDERFUL DAY :)
You sort of just know which is which based on some common sense. For example, a hole in the wall is not wear and tear but a non working water heater would be.