Arlie, Home Seller in Hendersonville, NC

How can you find out how much a realtor has sold ?

Asked by Arlie, Hendersonville, NC Fri Jan 28, 2011

Answers

16
It is not as important to find a Realtor who has sold the most homes, has the most experience or works for the largest and most well-known company as it is to find someone that is professional. You want an agent that will listen to you, uses ethical conduct, and knows the market. Not all agents work the same way. Find one that you are comfortable with. Trust your instincts.
As others have answered, the easiest way is to ask the Realtor you are interviewing or talking to. Though this is not necessarily the key to finding the right agent, I would ask about how they would market your home, their market knowledge, their negotiating skills and their communication (keeping you posted on the number of showings and feedback they get from other agents) are some key points.

1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jan 29, 2011
Hello and thank you for your question. You must be in an honest and open communication with your agent. So, just ask. In this market, many of us have just gone through this market, doing our jobs the best we can and we saw our sales plument. This happens...What is far more important is the ethics, the professionalism and if your agent is full time or part time, the degree of expertise they have. These are what truly matters. As a full time agent, who was out of work due to illness, I can tell you my sales dropped, but never my ethics or professionalism.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jan 28, 2011
Hi Arlie,
you have received a very good answers from the real estate professionals, but I just want to add that famous saying "quality over quantity" can be applied here as well. I've known few rookies who were exceptionally successful in their first year due to their hard work, commitment and dedication to get the job done.
Real estate is a "people's business", so it could be important to find out how well you and a Realtor connect, how good is communication between you and if you see things with the same eyes.
Few things to pay attention to while choosing a Realtor are: their local expertise, sales skills, extensive marketing plan and if a real estate is their full-time career.
And if the record of agent's sold properties is important to you - I'm sure he/she will provide it if asked. I usually bring it to my first meeting/interview with the Seller.
Best of luck to you in getting your home sold!
In our MLS, we can easily go to a reports section and select all of our activity for whatever time frame specified. Although I've never been asked to substantiate this when sitting down with a seller, I would be happy to if asked. I think that if this is something important to you, start by selecting a few Realtors that you think you might like to work with, call them and ask them to take a look at your house and ask them to bring this report with them.
Ask them to give you a printed report when you interview them
Realtor has sold? Can you provide clarity OR are you asking about a property

Refer to county tax records

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Loan Officer, Credit Repair Advisor
The Michael Group - Dallas Business Journal Top Ranked Realtors
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com
Arlie,

You can just ask the agent. The question you may want to ask is how will you market my home. If this is why you want to know.

Vera
I agree with my colleagues the simpliest way is to ask the Realtor. As a general practice Reatlors discuss this with clients all the time and are happy to provide this information.
Web Reference: http://www.debbyfrank.com
I think the best thing to do is ask the agent how they are going to market and sell your property. Ask about which internet sites they use, advertising they will do, currents trends in the market etc. If they have the right answers they will most likely be the right agent for you.
Most MLS systems track the agent's production as well as the office, and companies. This allows statistical tracking and monitoring of market leaders. If you are interviewing a potential agent, ask them to print out their record for your perusal. But you need to remember, just because they have certain production numbers doesn't mean that they are or aren't the right agent for you.
Like other important market statistics any member of NC Mountains MLS can pull that data. Likely what is more valuable is who sells in the least time for the most money? And who sells the kind of property you have? Our firm enjoys a hard earned reputation for leading the market. Our Hendersonville office was the number one office in Henderson County last year and number two in the entire MLS.

I highly recommend reading bios and looking at agent listing inventories, then interviewing a few to find one who is both comfortable to work with and successful.
Hey Arlie, I think that is a fantastic question to ask a Realtor you are interviewing to sell your home. I make it a point to take the "Agent Production Report" that realtors can print out from the MLS to show my potential clients in black and white that I am a top producing Realtor.

I closed 10.8 Milion in home sales for 2010, and that made me # 3 in total production in the Hendersonville MLS, Board of Realtors. I pride myself in showing potential sellers what the market stats are, and helping them price their home approprately. I provide excellent negotiating skills to help my seller get the most in this economy. Check out my web-site for more info on me.
Hello Arlie,
Sometimes an agent's web site posts what properties they've sold recently (mine does). The best solution though would be to ask the agent. Many agents would be happy to tell you this information particularly if they've been successful in the market you are interested in.
Do keep in mind that you should consider other factors when selecting an agent such as: their availability, communication skills, market knowledge, personality, negotiating skills, and of course their moral code of ethics.
I hope this is helpful.

Laura Feghali
Prudential Connecticut Realty
I assume many MLS systems have a way to find out how much every agent has sold, ours certainly does. It is not public information so unless you can get an agent to provide you with the figures I doubt that you will find it outside of the MLS system in your area.

As those below said, who sold the most means little. Our top salesperson in our market works at listing bank owned foreclosed homes and he does almost nothing else. He doesn't deal with sellers like you and I, but deals with banks and lenders, is this the agent you want to list your house? I doubt it. Go for an experienced agent. Ask how long they have been doing real estate. Experience comes slowly in this business and you want someone who knows the business and is doing it full time.
You want to trust your Realtor so just ask them. Ask them how long they have been in business. A good Realtor will be happy to tell you.