Since you also ask â€œWhy use an Estate Agent at all?â€ I will respect you by not answering your question.
"Staging" is a great option but it certainly isn't the only one. Also for people on a tight budget, it may not even be a reasonable consideration because of the expense involved. Most sellers can enhance their home's sale potential by investing a modest amount of money, and applying a little personal time and energy. Consider the following:
1. Deep clean the entire home
2. fix or repair what needs attention
3. Less is more, minimize furnishings and allow buyers to appreciate the home
4. Rent a storage unit...then.. use it
5. Organize-closets, garage, cupboards etc.
6. Paint what is needed inside and out
7. Plant, trim, edge, & mow regularly
8. Make your pet's presence undetectable
9. Depersonalize the home-family photos, etc. should go in storage
10. Pay close attention to your flooring....buyers will!
An investment of a little money, time, and energy can make a HUGE difference in your home's sale ability and the price it will bring.....so make a list of those things that you and your family can do to make your home "shine" and then get at it.
Good luck with your sale.
Edith YourRealtor4Life & Chicago and Northern Illinois Expert
Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients, Buyers, Sellers and Investors alike....
And always with a SMILE ïŠ
Covering for @Properties the city of Chicago, all N and NW suburbs, the fine homes on the
North Shore, and many of the W and SW suburbs, and with her trusted Partner Agents all of
the US and worldwide properties. Edith speaks French, German, some Spanish and other.....
@Properties ---- EdithSellsHomes@gmail.com
Check out my website at htttp://tinyurl.com/YourRealtor4Life
HAVE THE MOST WONDERFUL DAY :)
Help-U-Sell Achievers Realty
We ask sellers not to be present during showings for the very reason you state: you take it personally, and may not respond in a manner to help you sell the house.
But if you are intent on selling your place yourself, here's how to the get the most C (cash) by doing the C's --- color, cleanliness, curb appeal, de-clutter, condition (repairs)