Jeff Robbins, Home Seller in Southern Pines, NC

How can i get my house listed on the MLS without having a realtor?

Asked by Jeff Robbins, Southern Pines, NC Thu Jun 6, 2013

You're asking Realtors, advice about how to get along without Realtors.
Wanna think about that?
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jun 6, 2013
Sorry, I agree with Ron, why are you asking Realtors. There are plenty of FSBO resources I sure can attempt to help you. After you get frustrated of trying to sell it yourself, you will then want a Realtor to assist you navigate through the process and negotiate the best possible deal for you.
The MLS is a service owned by the local area association of REALTORS. While there are limited service offices that will charge a flat fee to get you into the MLS, you may find more value in hiring a full service broker. Often a REALTOR earns his/her fee with quality marketing that gets you more exposure, more traffic and a higher price for your home.
You will need to hire a REALTOR to do this. Why wouldn't you want to hire a REALTOR? There are some limited service brokerages out there that might be able to assist you, but BEWARE!