Home Selling in Portland>Question Details

Ed Mckee, Real Estate Pro in Portland, OR

How can Real Estate Sales Professional take advantage of the new HARP 2.0?

Asked by Ed Mckee, Portland, OR Fri Feb 10, 2012

Answers

3
Ed Mckee’s answer
Thank you Marvin

How Can Real Estate Professionals Capitalize on the HARP 2.0? - WOW!!!

Here’s how: HARP FALL OUTS = SHORT SALE LISTINGS & ADDITIONAL REFERRALS

Not everyone that is “upside down” on their home mortgage will qualify for the HARP 2.0.

These people are EXCELLENT short sale candidates.

Many of those who do not qualify will be very good short sale candidates!
By an Agent sharing their past client information and working together with a trusted and experienced Mortgage Broker familiar with the HARP 2.0 program, that Mortgage Broker will be able to help many of the Agent’s clients refinance into the HARP 2.0 program. After saving the client, say, $200 to $500 a month off their mortgage, that’s $2,400 to $6,000 a year of NET! spendable cash in the client’s pocket, do you think that, that client is going to be great full? HA! HA! Two words “REFERALS” listing, selling & loan referrals.

However, many of the clients will end up not! qualifying for the HARP 2.0 refinance program, after going through the loan qualifying process, that Mortgage Broker has built a trusted relationship with those clients. Many of those clients will be very good short sale candidates, clients with 30, 60, 90 & 120 mortgage lates in the last 12 months for an example. Some of these clients will have no other viable option than to sell their home or risk losing it to a foreclosure. When these clients go to list their home, guess who are they going to list it with? The Mortgage broker can then council and encourage those clients to list their home with the Agent that referred them to that mortgage broker.

So, agent’s can get: 1. Direct short sale listings from HARP 2.0 fall outs.
2. Indirect referrals from closed & unclosed HARP 2.0 clients.

So if you’re a real estate pro. In Oregon contact me and I’ll explain it further. This is a HUGE opportunity for real estate agents, do not! Let it pass you by. Call or email me and let’s get started TODAY.
Daniel from my birth city---Ive seen some of your posts today. What are you, a disgruntled ex mortgage or real estate broker? Just bored perhaps? You answered from ignorance. If a certain program allows more opportunities for buyers, its good practice for the real estate agents to know about them. I could go on with many examples of this but there is no need.

My opinion is that HARP is/was a smoke screen and a failure, if one goes back to its roots and who it was described to help. So far all government programs concerning the real estate and mortgage disaster have been nothing but self serving garbage designed for the LENDERS and not the public. Designed to make the sheeople of this country think that OBummer is actually doing something but I'll get off that soapbox.

But to the subject, about which Id like to see Ed elaborate, if it can help ONE borrower/buyer then its good for real estate people to know the details. So Daniel---should I have just said 'Dans just a civilian. Consult an expert'.
Real Estate agents are just real estate agents, not loan officers,

consult a bank