Home Selling in Clinton>Question Details

Bobby Galleg…, Home Seller in Clinton, UT

How can I sell my home when it is so close to the train tracks?

Asked by Bobby Gallegos, Clinton, UT Sun Jul 19, 2009

My home is a 4 bed, 2 bath, 1800 sq ft home. It's 3 yrs old and in immaculate condition. I've had several people come by and mention how nice it is, but they are concerned about the tracks behind the house. What can I do to draw in the right buyer?

Answers

6
Bobby - it's all about the price. Train tracks magically disappear if the house is priced correctly
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Jul 19, 2009
Bobby,

We have a subdivision in our market with the same situation, all the houses were sold, they are new, only 2-3 years old. Like everybody says here, price is a matter, but all you need is 1 buyer who loves your house who doesn't care about the track. Make your house stands out, offer incentives, stage it right, makes it pleasant to majority of buyers. Good luck.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jul 20, 2009
Bobby
The real question is this:
How many nice four bedroom homes are there for sale in Clinton?

You want yours to be one of the "sold" homes, right? So I would ask your Realtor to show you the list, look at their features, even to inside and see how they stack up.

Then I would price my home 3-5% BELOW what you think is market price. I would expect 10-12 showings or one offer in the first two weeks, otherwise I'd reduce the price again until it sell.

1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jul 20, 2009
Keith Sorem, Real Estate Pro in Glendale, CA
Keep in mind nothing else can be built behind the home

Ask yourself why did you purchase home what attracted you.

Can you plant wall of bushes hide the tracks undetermined distance and appearance.

Trains only run a few times a day and couple of minutes.

Based on size of city does not make a difference.

Good luck great question.

National Featured Realtor and Consultant, Mortgage Loan Officer, Credit Repair Lecturer
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Lynn911
Lynn911
Web Reference: http://www.lynn911.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jul 20, 2009
Hi Bobby,

I agree with Jacqueline, for the surrounding conditions it needs to be priced right especially in this market.

A home that is on a busy street for example in order to sell needs to be priced lower than a home that is not on a busy street. Now your home may not be on a busy street but it does have one factor that buyers are concerned about. Try to keep track of how often and what time a train passes on those tracks etc. So if it is brought up you can discuss this with them or your agent can. It may not be near as often as people may think, so if they're just informed about the details then maybe you might find a buyer that is willing to live with whatever that may be.

Yes, price is a major factor when dealing with any home that has an outside influence.

Becky Nay, GRI
801-573-2077 Cell
beckynay@kw.com
http://www.beckynay.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Jul 19, 2009
Bobby,

It's a matter of price....anything can be sold, if it's priced right. Unfortunately you find yourself in the seller's shoes instead of the buyer's.

Best wishes
The Eckelr team