Home Selling in Woodstock>Question Details

Maggie, Home Seller in Woodstock, NY

How can I sell my home in Woodstock, NY as a fixer upper?

Asked by Maggie, Woodstock, NY Wed Jul 29, 2009

It Needs work.. but it has wonderful character and very origional design. 3 BR / 2 Baths. Its close to town on 1.94 acres ( mostly clear ) and some wooded area with only Pine trees which are not that tall nor old...everything else has been cleared. Nice frontage.
I can be contacted at 845-392-4813
Looking for Minimum of 350,000

Answers

3
Michelle Aizenstat’s answer
Hi Maggie,
Alot depends on what kind of work the property needs, but I've been successful selling unique fixer-uppers to clients who are willing to do the work for something really special with character. Please feel free to contact me:
Michelle Aizenstat - 917 587-2058 - michaiz@aol.com
Coldwell Banker Village Green Realty
(845) 687-4355 x 105
hi maggie,
i might be interested in your home. i am not a broker.
email me at mariagianas@gmail.com
thanks
As an Assoc Broker in Ulster County I can assure you you can sell your fixer upper. How is your question. I have to say that first you need someone to do a market analysis for you...usually they are free. After that you will be thoroughly upset if you bought it at the top of the market. If that is the case and you can rent it, rent it until the market gets better.

Next, the condition for "fixer upper" is ambiguous. You would need to qualify that. A realtor is someone who can assist you in the best way possible...I know I know...but they are qualified to handle all the questions for you and weed out those who arent really serious. Make sure you have a realtor who is willing to WORK! not just list. Some realtors list and do nothing else...read their bio's etc. Dont chose by company name...everyone has access to Mulitple Listing Service of Ulster County. We all pay dues for this access so the access is the important part. Its the realtor not their access.

If you are set on doing it yourself .... use the Woodstock Times...good access to NYC etc (Ulster Publishing in Kingston on Wall St.)....cheapest and most effective...hope that helps
Nona McKeever
Associate Broker in Kingston NY 914-388-87399 call me anytime..............