Home Selling in North Aurora>Question Details

Kj, Home Seller in North Aurora, IL

How can I market my home to people who are relocating to my area?

Asked by Kj, North Aurora, IL Tue Nov 13, 2007

Answers

5
You might try going to craigslist.com & post there. Perhaps someone coming to the area might see it posted in the western Chicago suburbs. Zillow.com also has a place where people can post their homes. Pictures are critical! The very best way is to work with a Realtor who is familiar with the area & has the resources behind them to market it. As important, is making sure the buyer can afford your home before you enter into an agreement.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Nov 13, 2007
I use the MLS, Realtor.com, and printed publications to market a home to anybody and everybody who would be willing and able to purchase the home.
As a Realtor this is what I do every day. It needs to be priced right, and presented to potential buyers as one of those homes that they need to see inside!
There are several online venues to advertise with however most buyers use an agent, and most agents use the MLS. It is all a numbers game when marketing, more exposure usually equals more results!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Nov 13, 2007
Find a Realtor who understands who and how people are moving to your area. Then create a marketing package that includes reaching these people.
Web Reference: http://www.iansellsnola.com
I live in an area that is currently experiancing its 3rd year of a huge oil and gas boom, I read the help wanted ads to see what types of jobs are alwayse in demand and then I get a pretty good ideah of who may be moving into my market.
Once you find out where they are coming from, ask your agent to target print ads in that area. Also, a good internet presence is a huge help.
Web Reference: http://www.dianeglander.com