Home Selling in Woodridge>Question Details

Old_bride, Home Seller in Woodridge, IL

How can I make my first showing my last?

Asked by Old_bride, Woodridge, IL Tue Sep 7, 2010

Listed the house Friday, we have a showing tonight. Our first. Any tips on what we should do to sell our house quickly

Answers

6
the most important thing when listing your house is to make sure your house is priced correctly from the start. it shoul dbe at or below what current market value is. After that you want your home to be the most desirable to the potential buyer it can be. No damage, no repairs and no bad smells...

Good luck with yourshowing and your sale
A few small tips for showings -

Turn on all the lights!
Bake cookies and set them on the counter!
Make sure all the window coverings are 100% open (during daylight hours at least)!

1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Sep 7, 2010
Ask your Realtor to provide you with showing tips such as declutter, turn on lights, and leave the house. Hope this helps! Good luck in the sale!
Proper preparation produces perfect performance.

If your property is properly prepared for sale, your work is already done. Realtors do not sell homes, homes sell homes.

For the buyer to want to buy your home it needs to be the best value of the homes they have seen:
Declutter
Clean
Paint
Stage
Professional photos

Promote features that buyers want the most.
Price slightly under market

If you want to sell it quickly, after baking the cookies, leave before your guests arrive, leave all the lights on.
Keith Sorem, Real Estate Pro in Glendale, CA
Bake some cookies, gets them every time.
Stephen is right on track. In my time in real estate I have found that home buying is an extremely subjective process. If you can convey to the potential buyers what the lifestyle aspects of the property are, you will be that much closer to a deal.

If you have a great outdoor living space, set up a table and chairs with refreshments so the buyers can experience the property. Often times with properties that I represent I will set up something to showcase not only the home but the entire area. If it is located one of our rivers, I will rig a couple fly rods to allow clients to cast for trout, set up outdoor living spaces like mentioned above to accentuate views of the mountains, fresh flowers, walk the yard or acreage with them to point out specific features of the property and, no offense to pet owners out there, but if you have pets put out some air fresheners to over come any pet odors that may be present. They are much more evident to non-pet owners and can be a turn off.

Best of luck to you!

All best,
______________________
Jason Frey
Agent

PureWest, Inc.
http://www.linkedin.com/in/jasonfreylifewideopen
http://www.PureWestProperties.com