Angie Nugent, Real Estate Pro in York, PA

How can I list my home for sale without a license #?

Asked by Angie Nugent, York, PA Sat Jul 5, 2014

I am selling by owner, no agent. Thanks!

Answers

4
Sorry, this is not a FSBO site. The listing here come from the multiple listing service then syndicated to the various on line websites, such as Trulia. You will notice that Trulia has several agents answering questions. If Trulia opened up the listings to FSBO the contributions from agents would certainly drop off.

With that said, there are all types of listing products. I suggest that if you want your home listed on Trulia, you will need to list your home and ask if their fee includes syndication to other websites.

All the best to you in a successful sale.
Angie,
Trulia doesn't accept By Owner listings. If they did, and you posted here and on every other non-mls site, you only a small percentage of buyers may find you. Top dollar comes from top exposure, which is what a great agent can provide. A great agent Adds value to a transaction, a bad one or none at all can cost you in more ways than I can count.
Chances are you are like many people who hear, "it's a seller's market" and conclude, why do I need an agent. The answers are many and detailed, but for the most likely reason you are thinking you can't afford one, money, is the reason you should afford one. A great agent, not a rookie, weak or distracted agent will give you maximum exposure, the best advice for preparation, negotiate both the price, terms and inspection issues to your benefit and ensure your are safe and protected legally and practically throughout the process. What we do sounds easy, but when it's done right, there is far more involved than what most people see.
Best of luck regardless of how you proceed.
There are flat fee services out there that will list it in the MLS for you. Check in your area. You can run an online search for Flat Fee MLS and the name of your city.
To 'LIST' a home means placing the home into the Mulitple LISTING Service.
To do that you need to call a local REALTOR.

However, if you intent is to post a For Sale ad, simply go to Craigslist and create multiple adds.

If you intent is for your home to appear on TRULIA (an EXCELLENT idea) pick up the phone and call an York PA REALTOR. They have the access and resources to get your home to appear here.

You will find most York Pa REALTORS have flexible and agile programs to help you meet your goals.

Best of success,
Annette Lawrence, Broker/Associate
Remax
Palm Harbor, FL
727.420.4041