Home Selling in 06514>Question Details

Gail, Home Seller in 06514

How can I get the original sales price (going back 40 years) of a home on Richard Drive in Hamden?

Asked by Gail, 06514 Mon Aug 24, 2009

Help the community by answering this question:


Joan DiVincenzo’s answer
Hamden does not have a county clerks office. You need to go the the town hall. First visit the assessors office and get a copy of the field card. Then go to the clerks office and look up the volume and page from the date they purchased. It can get complicated, you can ask the clerk for help.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Apr 30, 2011
In our area this information is attached to the county tax records. It follows the sales back to the time the land was developed.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 18, 2011
In the land records at town hall, look at the deed for the transfer. You won't find the sale price, but if you look at the tax stamp, you can calculate the sale price from that.
Web Reference: http://www.danrossre.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Aug 24, 2009
The best place is the county clerks office where the property is located. Should be publicly available.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Aug 24, 2009

I would first check with a title company to see if they have a way to track the information down that you need. They should be able to find the answer for you.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Aug 24, 2009
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2014 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer