Home Selling in Ocean City>Question Details

TScopio, Home Seller in Ocean City, MD

How can I get my listing to show up on the trulia site ? Currently the home is listed on the MLS. I am using a flat fee listing service.

Asked by TScopio, Ocean City, MD Thu Feb 21, 2013

Answers

7
If the listing service you have retained does not have a relationship with Trulia to disseminate their listings, it will not appear on Trulia.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Feb 21, 2013
I pay a lot of money yearly to have my listings featured in
Trulia. You get what you pay for.
Hi TScopio, have your listing service list the property on Trulia
You would first have to check with your listing service to see if they have such a relationship with Trulia and which MLS service they are a member of. If they are a member of our MLS here in Ocean City and correspond with Trulia then it may take some time before your property is featured on Trulia. I know some of my own listings don't post for as much as a week after they hit the MLS. Good luck!

Dave
Hi TScopio,

Your Broker, flat fee listing or full service would have to agree to syndication to other sites. If they aren't doing it now they either don't know how or have made a decision not to participate (and reach the widest audience of homebuyers).

I don't know of any brokerages that would knowingly block this excellent exposure. Syndication from the MLS also includes many other sites like Realtor.com, other broker websites i.e. REMAX.com, Zillow.com and others.

In this instance it might be a case of limited service for a limited fee.
If its in the MLS, it should show up on Trulia, regardless of your fee arrangement. However, if you previously listed the property, it may be stuck in an off market mode - this literally just happened to me with a home I listed. Call Trulia - they can fix it or have your agent call.
Also, I've found that the listings don't always update immediately. I've seen it take as long as 48 hours in some cases.
Best bet is to upload it yourself. If it cross posts eventually, you can always take one or the other down.
Monica's points are valid as well. You might want to ask the flat fee service if they have a relationship with Trulia, and if they don't, inquire as to why that isn't made more obvious up front.