Home Selling in Harvest>Question Details

Ginger, Home Buyer in Madison al 35757

How can I get a list of houses sold in my area without going thru a real estate agent?

Asked by Ginger, Madison al 35757 Tue Aug 18, 2009

Answers

5
Probably not going to get many Realtors jumping to answer this.

Why dont you want to use an agent? Save the 6%?

Selling a home is highly difficult, time consuming, and emotional. Long story short, I HIGHLY recommend working with an agent to professionally handle this for you. You will be glad you did and it will be worth it when its all said and done.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Aug 18, 2009
Good question,
IS it the cost that is the issue or do you just not like real estate agents?
If it is the cost.. your agent usualy can make up the differance between what you would sell for with-out and agent. Either in time on market (this usualy cost you $$) or in actual sale price due to negotiation and pricing the property to sell.
Check the Stats.. home sold by a Realtor vs FSBO..search online.
Best of luck,
Brad
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 5, 2011
I live in MN. I use Edina Realty website often to find the Sale Price on home sold in my neighborhood.
The only way I know of without using an agent to search the Multiple Listing Service data would be to go the county court house on the third floor is the records room. Take the address of every house in your neighborhood and search for the deed and mortgage for each one. The mortgage amount is on the mortgage and you can determine the amount of the down payment by the tax stamp and recording fees on the deed. The ladies who work there can show you how. Of course, the only pertinent data would be for the ones that sold most recently, as far as telling what the current market is.
Another thing to think about, depending on your purpose, is to ask an agent for help. Many will answer your questions with no obligation to you. We do a lot of free work as a way of developing good will, so that if not now, perhaps sometime in the future, you or someone you know may decide they need to employ the services of a professional. Best of luck.
Most buyers are attached to a real estate agent, especially considering that it does not cost them anything and is an incredible service. My advice would be to contact an agent and ask them to help. Selling a home is much more difficult than people realize until they go throug the process, in fact most homeowners who try to sell their home themselves end up hiring an agent.