Nej, Home Buyer in Philadelphia, PA

How can I find the worth of my property?

Asked by Nej, Philadelphia, PA Fri Mar 16, 2012

Answers

21
There are two values that our industry looks at: market value estimate and appraised value. Realtors will gladly estimate what your home listing price should be based on the current market and then the market will determine what a buyer is willing to pay for your home. An appraiser will calculate your home's value as of the date of the appraisal comparing similar homes and market factors.
I'd love to help. So first of all I think going on home evaluation websites are great help because it gives you an idea of how much you think your home is worth. Below I will give you a couple links where you can figure that out and I think the next step would be calling your nearest Real Estate Firm. Were here to serve you as well.

Try Zillow if you haven't done it yet, it gives you the Zestimate of your home which is really important to buyers and sellers.
1. http://www.zillow.com/how-much-is-my-home-worth/

Zip Realty
2. http://www.ziprealty.com/home-value-estimates
Call an agent who is familiar with your area to do a market analysis
Although it has been said, your best bet is to hire an appraiser or to ask your Realtor to find the value of your property.

Best of luck!
Web Reference: http://www.mccannteam.com
As many other answers have said, you can contact a realtor who will be able to tell you what your home is worth - you can also hire an appraiser to perform an appraisal on your property and give you their opinion of the correct value - in the end your home is worth what a buyer will pay for it and what a lender will finance for it. Best of luck with your home!
Most REALTORS® and Real Restate Agents will giving you a free Comparative Market Analysis, but that really doesn't tell you what your house is worth, and it is not an appraisal. If you pay for an appraisal, that is suppose to give you a qualified Market Value. However, they are all opinions... educated opinions, but opinions nonetheless. What a house is worth is what a person is willing to pay for it.

--
Timothy Alexander, REALTOR®
Keller Williams Real Estate
100 Campbell Blvd. Ste106
Exton, PA 19341
Primary: 484-881-2778
Office: 610-363-4300
Fax: 610-363-4399
Email: tim@homesinchesco.com
Website: http://homesinchesco.com/
Most reliable ways are pay for an appraisal or have a Realtor give you one for free.

For more info visit http://www.CenterCityTeam.com/

Frank L. DeFazio, Esquire
Prudential Fox & Roach Realtors – Society Hill
530 Walnut Street, Suite 260
Philadelphia, PA 19106
215.521.1623 Direct
610.636.4364 Cellular
888.308.1148 Fax
Frank@CenterCityTeam.com
You need to speak with a professional - I can meet with you anytime!

Stephanie UFF
REALTOR®, EcoBroker
CITYSPACE, re-thinking real estate
2200 Walnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103
office: 215-625-3650
fax: 215-874-4831
cell: 610-781-0449

http://www.AllAroundPhillyRealEstate.com
The market place will determine the worth of your property. So, ask a realtor to give you a comparative market analysis (cma). Ask him/her to explain the process to you and how it will determine your worth. If he sounds intelligent, let him/her prepare the CMA. The realtor should not charge a fee for either a consultation or the CMA...
If you are selling your home talk to three agents and choose one agent . The agents will give you free market analysis . Do not choose the agent based on who promises to list for the most money but interview the agent like you are interviewing someone for a job.
You can ask your friends for referral to an agent or search on the internet.
Hi Nej,

That’s My Back Yard of Business,

Funny thing is ... I have Appraisers call me and ask the same question... and they want to charge you$350 and Up.... Go Figure?

Feel free to give me a call + I will exclude the $350 fee...

All the Best John Curci RE/MAX Properties 215-757-2889
An experienced Realtor should be able to do A Comparative Market Analysis for your property,
free of charge to you.
Hey John and Shiri...An appraisal is nice but it will cost you.... Why not just pick up a phone and call an experienced agent and ask him/her to give you a CMA (Comparative Market Analysis) for your home. It should be free. If it is not free, hang up the phone and call another agent......
Hello James, You misspelled Sheri's name..... I hope you don’t do CMA's that way? :-)
Serving Philly + Bucks over 17 years. All the best John
Flag Wed May 23, 2012
Hello Nej, an appraisal is usually the most effective way and when it comes to legal issue such as a home sale or even a Divorce... the Appraisal is usually the most accepted way. BUT even an appraisal is considered ONLY to be a Professional VALUED OPINION. It's not etched in stone. Sometimes on short sales + foreclosures in this Lovely Market.... A bank will want 2 or more appraisals to confirm an Estimated Valued Opinion from a Licensed Appraiser. Cost is approx $350 to $475

Also we as Realtors offer a free CMA= Comparative Market Analysis which is close to an appraisal but not exactly.

Either way “Comping” Home prices on recent home sales + appraisals have a life span of approx 5 months because the market is ever changing from month to month

I hope this clears up some of your question.

If Not, Feel free to call for a confidential conversation at 215-757-2889

All the Best John Curci RE/MAX Properties
Web Reference: http://www.HomeCatch.com
Have a Realtor to do a comprehensive pricing analysis on your home, most agents will do this for you at no cost.
Hi Nej,

The cheapest way a Comparative Market Analysis from a real estate agent. A real estate agent will do this for you for free. Or you can get an appraisal by a licenced Home Appraiser

Good Luck selling your home.

Samantha Weekes, Agent
Liberty Bell Real Estate
215-687-2629
If you contact a Realtor they can do a CMA for you which will give you an idea of what the fair market value is of your home. However, when selling it comes down to what a buyer is willing to pay and a seller is willing to accept and the market value is a guide line. If you are wondering what the value is because you want to refinance, then you will need to go through your lender and they will send out an appraiser.

Feel free to contact me if you have any other questions. I'm not far from Philadelphia.
Hi Nej,
Appraisals will cost you, but can give a more accurate number. Realtors can provide a Comparative Market Anaylsis at no cost. This number would be based on the Market value, which is what other comparable homes in your area have sold for in the last 3-6 months. Anything older than that is not accurate. I would be happy to provide this for you, if you're interested. I hope this helps!

Barbara Berue
610-513-8900 cell
610-520-0100 office
bberue@kw.com
Hi, Technically a property is only worth what a buyer is willing to pay for it. In order to get a close value you can have an agent do a comparative market analysis of all the recent property activity in your immediate area. Another option is to hire an appraisor, their opinion is much more detailed then an agents.

Chris
CMA will give you the idea how much is your home worth.You may get a CMA for your property.
Hire an appraiser or contact a Realtor and ask them to do a free market analysis for you.