Donna Nelson, Home Seller in Jefferson City, MO

How can I find the realtor who has had the most closings in the past 3 motnsh?

Asked by Donna Nelson, Jefferson City, MO Thu Apr 24, 2008

Answers

8
one of the agents in my company (we have over 3500 agents) specializes in foreclosures and bank distressed properties. Most of his sales are $50,000 and under (many under $10,000. Are you sure that's what you are looking for?? He does pure volume of pure crap. The homes are typically stripped of everything from toilets and sinks to light fixtures and we have to carry flashlights with us to show them. For our own safety, since many aren't in very nice neighborhoods, we typically tell several people in the office where we are going when we show his properties.

I can understand your wanting to work with a realtor who is experienced and knows what they are doing, but often if they are too experienced and have a lot of business, you may never see that person, because you will be dealing with their assistants, or you may not get calls back in a timely manner because they are too busy dealing with other clients. I'm not the top agent in my office, but I'm in the top 10% and I'll tell you right now that I'm not sure I want to be the top agent because I don't think I would be able to give my clients the personalized attention that I give them now. I spent today working with a couple who closed a week ago who don't speak much English and had a problem with getting their washer and dryer hooked up when they were delivered, so I worked with the store they bought them through, the manufacturer and the delivery company then I was there when the installer came back out today and we got them hooked up correctly. Then I went over to a client's house that I just listed (my client's have already moved out of state) to track down the Gas company who are replacing the gas lines throughout the neighborhood to find out when my client's house will be done because they want to have new sod laid before their house goes on the market and they don't want the gas company to rip it up as soon as it's laid, plus I wanted to check and make sure that the painters had done their job correctly before the carpet cleaners, house cleaners and stagers come in next. Then I introduced myself to the neighbors next door who will be watching the home and making sure the grass gets watered, since I wanted to make sure that they knew to call me if anything (big or little) came up about the home. In between, I took a dozen calls from clients. If I was a big agent doing strictly volume work, I wouldn't have time to be out there doing things myself to take care of my clients, I would have a lackey checking things and reporting back to me and things would be missed.

When you interview an agent, you want one who will be responsive to your needs and your schedule. One who will contact you back when you contact them - by email or by phone (what is your preference on how to be contacted??), you want an agent who will take care of things and will keep your stress level down. One who has a checklist and knows what to do and when to do it. One with enthusiasm and energy. Sometimes a brand new agent may have the knowledge and the support of their office and bring more time and energy to the job then an agent that has been in the field for years and doesn't really care anymore. You want one that will ensure that there is someone available to schedule showings for your home 7 days a week from at least 9 am until 5 pm (and hopefully longer than that), and someone who will come to closing with you. Someone who knows the rules for YOUR area and is prepared to help guide you through building inspections, negotiations on contracts, building inspection resolutions, municipal inspections and whatever else needs to be done to get your home sold. You want someone who will not be your friend, but who will honestly tell you what you need to do to sell your home and who has a realistic marketing plan and who will realistically price your home, not tell you a high price because they thing they will get the listing that way, then pray that they can talk you into a price reduction later when it doesn't sell.

If you would like me to refer you to someone in your area who is good, I would be happy to do so.
Web Reference: http://www.yourstlhome.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Apr 24, 2008
Our local board office can give you those details.
i am currently a real estate agent, but i was an investor for 25 years prior. when selling a house in another sate, Washington, before i was licensed, i sought a super busy agent. he was closing 4 houses a month. he marketed like crazy, he said, and 5 months later, my house was still on the market. i ran an add with the intention of doing a lease option when the listing espired. i paid for the ad, i interviewed the callers and found a rentor/buyer. they were actually pretty ready to go, and so i put them in touch with the agent- who then took a 6 per cent commission instead of 3. he kept my heat on through the winter at 74 degrees and when all was said and done i got stuck with a huge energy bill.

that is why i became a real estate agent!
Web Reference: http://jamieedson.com
You should interview about 3 realtors and compare their marketing. The more exposure your listing gets, the better. You also want to talk to these realtors to see if you like not only their business practices, but their personality. You want to feel comfortable with the person you select to market your home.
HAS ANYONE HEARD OF HOUSE SWAPPING,THAT IS WHERE SOMEONE TRADAES A HOME FOR A HOME NOT NECESSARY FOR THE SAME PRICE HIGHER OR LOWER???
Donna
May I suggest the following question?
Who is the best Realtor to obtain the highest and best sellng price for my home?
You need to be concerned about YOU, not about everybody else.
Interview three Realtors, and select the Realtor that you feel will fight for your bottom line (and is realistic...don't let them "buy" your lisiting.)
Keith
Keith Sorem, Real Estate Pro in Glendale, CA
Donna,

Some associations will not release that information. You can call a handful of offices in your local area and ask the broker manager who the top producers are in their office.

I am curious why you want this information. Do you think that the realtor who had the most closings will be the best choice to list your home? (since you identify yourself as a seller) If that is what your purpose is for wanting the information, I will strongly suggest that you reconsider your criteria for choosing an agent. On my list of top 25 reasons to hire a realtor, this would not make the list.....at all. On my list of top mistakes sellers make in choosing a realtor, this would be in the top 10. On my list of top 10 reasons not to hire a realtor as a listing agent, this would be on it. You might have another purpose for wanting the information.

Deborah Madey - Broker
Peninsula Realty Group
732 530-6350
Deborah Madey, Real Estate Pro in Brick, NJ
Donna - The local board of Realtors in Jefferson City may provide that information to you. I am not sure of their exact policy but that would be your best place to start.

I'm not sure why you would want this information. I'd like to add that just because an agent is having closings it doens't mean they are selling the type of property you may have to list. For example, one of the top three producers in our board specializes in executive type homes located in town. If I had a 300 acre dairy farm to list, she probaby wouldn't be the one I'd want. Just because they are selling property does not mean they are right for all property... Just my two cents!
Web Reference: http://www.UCtheOzarks.com