Mike Marshall, Home Seller in Sun City, AZ

How can I find out what real estate companies are selling the most homes in my area?

Asked by Mike Marshall, Sun City, AZ Sun Oct 19, 2008

I agree with some of the post already. But, it a may be of little difference who does the most. Although the company I work with has more sales it also has a high rate of Bank owned properties listed. The question might be is who is working with the most buyers? What company is best positioned for my home? What are the advantages of working with this agent/broker over another? Best way to determine this is to interview and make your list of what is important to you..
Good Luck,
Web Reference: http://bradbergamini.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Oct 20, 2008
Hi Mike,

The answer to your question is very simple. Any REALTOR will be able to conduct an internet database search and list all the real estate companies that are selling and have recently sold homes in your area. It's a very simple & easy task.

However, if you are looking for an agent to help you sell your home, don't rely on what listing agent has the most number of homes for sale in your area or what listing agent sold the most. You may want to consider asking a buyer's agent REALTOR for assistance. So, I invite you to visit my home sellers site for more information.

HomeSmart Real Estate
Web Reference: http://CheapListingFee.com
Mike, I would suggest that in addition to the importance of pricing the question might be even further refined to two components:

1. What real estate company provides a "top of the mind awareness" in my area and supports their agents with great marketing tools, advertising, website positioning, etc.?

2. What agent within that company has the marketing, negotiation and communication skills to get my home the best exposure?

While most Realtors working with respected companies are professionals and have the skills to get the job done, I believe it is important that the Realtor have enthusiasm for YOUR property because that will help motivate them to leave no stone unturned in marketing your home.

If you would like to receive a list of questions to ask when you interview Realtors, just click on my profile and call or email me. I'd enjoy helping you!

Linda Niehuus
Heritage Texas Country Properties
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 19, 2008

E-mail me and I will be happy to send you a graph showing you the market share in the Northwest Valley.
Web Reference: http://www.lorichasse.com
Hello Mike,

It really isn't about the company that has the most listings sold. Some companies have hundreds, if not thousands of Realtors under their office name, and some only have a few. Some agents have dozens of listings and may have a large number sold, but they may also be low priced foreclosures.

The only true primary indicator of whether or not your home will sell will be how you price it. Of secondary importance will be how your agent markets your home. Your home will be competing with thousands of other homes for the attention of a handful of buyers. Every Realtor will have your home listed in all of the normal searches that tie in with the MLS, so don't believe it is something special that only one Realtor or company can do for you.

If you really need to sell your home you might also consider offering seller carry-back financing or a wrap-around, it may open a lot of options for you as a seller...but be sure that your Realtor knows how to do these correctly or it may cause a lot of frustration.

Always feel free to call me if you have any specific questions.

Susan Ellis
The Arizona Native
Thank you for your question. It is an interesting one at that.
I think what I would ask is "who is the agent that can get my home sold for the most money?"

The answer is that I have a great agent who is tops in your area. You can contact me via my
Trulia profile for details.

You might find the link below interesting.
Keith Sorem, Real Estate Pro in Glendale, CA