Susan, Other/Just Looking in Smithfield, RI

How can I find out the value of a specific home?

Asked by Susan, Smithfield, RI Sun Mar 21, 2010

Answers

9
Hi Susan!

your best bet is to get in touch with a Realtor that works in that area to pull some comparable properties.to do a CMA. I would be happy to do that for you. My office is in Smithfield and I am very familiar with both Rhode Island and Massachusetts and hold licenses in both states. You can contact me on my cell anytime at 401-454-5484.

Best of Luck.

Donna
Greetings Susan,

First I would agree with all the answers, 1) Hire a local Professional Realtor with experience in your community or subdivision, they can provide you with recent SOLD and ACTIVE listings report, we call it CMA Compartive Market Analysis all at no cost to you. 2) Hire a Professional appraiser for fee. 3) Check websites that gives you a ballpark not accurate figure such as Zillow.com. 4) Your local County Property Appraiser Office will give you some information as well.

Riad
Hi Susan

Any realtor can do a "Current Market Anaysis" CMA at NO CHARGE to you. They will compare like properties that have sold recently (6 months is to long) This analysis tells you what the market will bare.

If you would like assistance, please feel free to contact me. NO obligation.

I am a broker in MA and RI.

774-526-2457

Office 774-264-9117
AMS Real Estate
Hi Susan,

I am basically agreeing with the other responses on the site. If selling a home, a realtor can do a complimentary market analysis on your home that shows the solds and pendings in the past 6 months near your home, which is something an appraiser would look at as well when obtaining a value of the home.

If buying a home and are curious what other homes are selling for, it is the same process and a local realtor can give you that data through our online database and can help you out with the home buying process. We realtors only get paid when you close on the home, so it is no risk to you to work with someone who has your best interest at heart.

Our website has a Market Snapshot feature you can use to see the homes that are both active and sold in the market. You can go to: http://www.thedolberteam.com and enter your name and email address, then put in a zip code and house criteria, and you can receive market updates on the homes that are active and sold within that zipcode. You can receive weekly updates, or just receive that one market report.

Good luck with everything! If you'd like more assistance, give me a call or send me an email and I'll be glad to assist you. I am licensed in both MA and RI.

Angela Dolber
Prudential Prime Properties
508-826-8553
angela@pruprimehomes.com
If it is a home you are considering purchasing, your buyer's agent(if you have one) will do a market analysis on your home. If you do not have a buyer's agent, you should hire one it does not cost you anything. Call me if you have any further questions, I represent both buyers and sellers. 714-7724.
Web Reference: http://www.alaynaberek.com
Hi Susan,

Property values can be determined by a real estate professional, a licensed appraiser, or any individulal with willing to invest the time and effort to collect and evaluate relative information.

But as others have said, probably the best avenue for you is to be in touch with an experienced local realtor for their expertise.

Hi Susan,

Your agent can pull recent sold, pending and active comps in the specific area to help determine value. If you are not currently working with a buyer agent contact me and I will be happy to help you.

Lori Rossi 401-480-1973
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage
Lori.Rossi@NeMoves.com
Susan:

The best way is to contact a local REALTOR and have them look it up for you. They can also run comparables for other homes in the area as well. There will more than likely be no charge of any kind.
.
Any local agent can help you, ask to review comps-- recently sold similar properties in the immediate area, factor in repairs, extensive or cosmetic if needed, etc., then make a determination--or you can hire a professional appraiser.