Home Selling in Akron>Question Details

Realtynovice, Both Buyer and Seller in Akron, OH

How Long?

Asked by Realtynovice, Akron, OH Tue Aug 5, 2008

Recently ( 4days) signed with agent and home is not in MLS yet. How long should it the agent to get my home on MLS?

Answers

10
I believe the specific time allowed is 48 hours from the time you put the sign up. I always get mine in asap although sometimes on the weekend, it doesn't get approved until Monday, so if it was listed Friday, it may not be approved until Monday. Many agents don't enter their own listings and then they would have to wait until the office staff enters it. There could be a few that need to be entered before yours. I enter my own, but it has to be approved before it actually shows to the public. I'm sure your agent wants to get it out in the public eye as quickly as possible too. As others have mentioned it also takes a little longer to hit some of the other websites.
Web Reference: http://www.TaraBranz.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Aug 6, 2008
Great that your are all ready to go!

We, as Realtors, also appreciate the fact that you check first to make sure your Realtor is within the boundary before jumping into conclusion.

But one thing I really stress to my clients is that I want them to bring any concern to me so I can address and resolve the issues for them as soon as possible. This is much better than wondering and worrying about what I might or might not have done to make things better for them. I want them to be comfortable with me and that we can work as a team to make this the best experience for them.

Best luck!
Sylvia
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Aug 5, 2008
Sylvia Barry,…, Real Estate Pro in Marin, CA
Very fast response here. I ask the question because I want to be reasonable about any concern I approached my realtor about and not being educated in the trade I had no idea how long before I should expect an MLS listing (she said she would take pictures day before yesterday and have it posted yesterday as she plans to have an open house this Sunday.) Thank you all for your answers which with the exception of Roatch's (you seem to make unwarranted assumptions--but then you know what they say about people who assume too much) were very helpful. Thanks again all. BTW I'm checking REALTOR.com and my agent's site and yes, Sylvia home is ready to go, freshly painted, carpets cleaned and repairs made.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Aug 5, 2008
By the way, I send my clients links to all major sites my listings are on so they know what I am doing. . In addition, I ask my clients to give me feedback on the pictures, the descriptions, the features listed on the sites to make sure the information is correct and that they are satisfied with what they see. This makes eases their anxiety which is alread very high when you put the house on market.

Sylvia
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Aug 5, 2008
Typically your home should be submitted to the MLS within 24 hours unless you've agreed with your agent to delay posting it.
Web Reference: http://www.CallsFarm.com
It should go on right away (24 hours) unless otherwise discussed. That being said, I always share with my sellers the need for professional photography. Once I have the photos, it only takes me 24 hours to have the marketing in place on the various websites.
Four days is a long time for not being on the MLS. You should contact your Realtor with your concern. I post my listings the same day I receive them or the next day, no latter. I also make sure I have photos uploaded on the listings at the same time the home is listed on the MLS. Many Realtors check daily for new listings and I want to make sure they see my listing and its picture on that first check.
Web Reference: http://www.MaryStarkey.com
Ask your Realtor if there have been any delays, and ask him/her to email a l.ink to the listing. If you are checking on sites like Trulia or Realtor.com, it sometimes takes a day or 2 to load into them from the MLS. Best of luck selling youir home!
Hi - there is no excuse for not getting your home on MLS the same day when it goes on market as long as you give your agent all the relevant information about your home.

With the digital camera, he/she should have the pictures taken, edited and all on the Internet within 24 hours unless there is special request form you for not doing that, but does not sound like that's the case. .

You should call your agent and demand him to put it on MLS as soon as possible - that's how you get exposure to your house - You ARE all ready to show the house, right? .

Sylvia
It should go on right away. Make sure you're looking at the right MLS site. One of my sellers got really mad at me for not putting their home on the MLS, turned out they were looking at the wrong site.