Cody, Home Seller in 77449

House has been on the market for nearly 2 years. Biggest complaint, the view of the neighbor's backyard that looks like a junkyard. What to do?

Asked by Cody, 77449 Wed May 23, 2012

Answers

4
Edith Karoline Jasser’s answer
Am I assuming right that you are an interested Buyer? or the Seller?

Well there are city codes in every city that every home owner has to obey by, if it is really very bad there
is a way to place a complaint by the current owners since they want to sell the property.

Careful if you are the buyer and therefore the new neighbor in the future, this will be your "friendly neighbor" you placed a complaint on.... Look at all sides of the issue, if you buy the property can you
plant a visually appealing fence or hedge so that YOU do not need to see what is going on in the yard next door, just a suggestion there are so many ways.... to create privacy for your own back yard.

Good Luck to you....'

EdithSellsHomes@gmail.com YourRealtor4Life Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients Buyers Sellers and Investors alike, covering for @ Properties Brokerage the city of Chicago, all N and NW suburbs and the fine homes on the North Shore, and all of the US and worldwide offerings with my partner agents.... Edith speaks several languages ....
Have a great day :)
If you are interested in this property, I would be glad to help you put an offer in on it. I would see if I could get seller to agree to put a 6 or 8 foot tall fence up blocking the view, or if seller would put several fast growing trees or tall shrubs to block view. If I can be of any assistance, Please contact me at 901-634-7476.
Call Shelby County Code Enforcement or the City of Memphis property complaint dept.
I-800- JUNK!!! Or call the Dept. of VA to come pick up the junk!

Hope this helps!

Laura