Home Selling in Naples>Question Details

Theresa, Home Seller in 13027

House for sale in Naples

Asked by Theresa, 13027 Fri May 9, 2008

Hi - I have a manufactured home for sale in a gated community in North Naples. I bought it for my father to spend the winters down there and since he has passed away, I don't use it. With the market being as bad as it is, especially down in Florida, does anyone have any advice on how to move this place? I have left it in the hands of the community realtor but I've had feedback that she just isn't doing much for anyone. Any help would be appreciated.

Answers

7
Glenn Ginsburg’s answer
Manufactured homes are a special niche market and the real estate agent should be a specialist for manurfactured homes.

A couple of questions for you to ask the listing agent - 1) is the property on the MLS? This will give it greater exposure, especially if there are photos and virtual tour. 2) is the property on some web sites? Again exposure is important, as well as photos and virtual tour. 3) Has the listing agent promoted the home to other agents that specialize in manufactured homes?

In today's real estate market, many potential buyers are looking at properties via the net and therefore the number of showings for a property are greatly reduced.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed May 14, 2008
Theresa,

Unfortunately, the community real estate arrangement doesn't bring the highest level of service. Generally they do little in the way of advertising and wait in their office for buyers and sellers to come to them.

I'm sure there are communities that take this more seriously but they seem to be the exception. Our advice is to look outside the community for an agent that will work at selling your property.

The "Eckler team"
The best way to sell it is BY OWNER. I would be happy to discuss and explain how to. You could SAVE THOUSANDS on commission if you did it yourself. To find out a little more, visit my website at http://www.dennisleffert.com and click on FOR SALE BY OWNER in the left column, or just phone me at 239-560-0014.

Dennis Leffert, J.D.
Lic Real Estate Broker
239-560-0014
http://www.dennisleffert.com
Hi Theresa, the best way to move any property in this market is to list it with a go getter realtor and make sure they will market it. Manufactured homes sell all year here in SW Florida. We have every year more and more people staying all year round, so it is a desireable first home as well as a great retirement home for those empty nesters and seniors who are only here 6 months or less. If I maybe of help to you, please contact me at 239-298-0600. Thanks, Mary
Hi Theresa :
Manufactured Homes are also seasonal , in other words chances to sell em are better during the season when the snow birds come down to Florida. We have two doubles for sale at the moment in Palm Lake Estates , West Palm Beach which is a very nice community and even advertising very aggressively way up north still havent sell em after 6 months in the market and trust me they have been both profesionally remodeled .. so I tend to agree with the people here ... it is slow for manufactured homes .. really slow .
Dear Theresa
In defense of your realtor, the housing market is slow. I have about forty listings and 8 of them are manufactured homes it is a special niche to sell them, There is only one bank in Naples that I know of that will finance them, Insurance is another issue, whether you own the land or not is another, will you help with financing. There are buyers out there for them but they want to steal them, then there are owners who may be in the same development that have their home for sale and they are over priced and everyone in the development, wants more money for their unit so those are the prices they match, If your realtor isn't doing what she is supposed to and that is the way you feel, when your listing comes up for renewal get a new realtor. Anything we can do for you just email us at bcaron@kw.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 10, 2008
Theresa,
Have you tried marketing it yourself from upstate New York. It might not hurt to run a few inexpensive ads that might catch the eye of someone considering investing in a winter get away home. I would recommend larger city Sunday papers like Rochester, Syracuse, Albany, Buffalo etc.
The "Eckler Team"
Century 21 Almar and Associates
Venice, FL 34285