Jonah19652012, Home Owner in Pocono Lake, PA

Hi my question to you is why is all realtors lying about how safe it is to buy a home in arrowhead lakes there's more robberys every day answerthat

Asked by Jonah19652012, Pocono Lake, PA Wed Apr 16, 2014

Answers

6
I BOUGHT A VACATION HOME IN ARROWHEAD LAKES AND AM VERY SUPRISED BY YOUR NEGATIVE COMMENTS. I THINK YOU MUST BE REFERRING TO A POCONO COUNTRY PLACE! I HAVE HAD A HOME HERE FOR 6 YEARS AND HAVE NEVER HEARD OF OR SEEN ANYTHING HAPPEN. THIS IS A SAFE COMMUNITY THAT HAD THE MOST AMENITIES IN THE AREA! AND TO ADD TO THE OTHER POST BELOW, OUR REALTOR DEFINITELY STEERED US FROM MANY OTHER COMMUNITIES DUE TO SAFETY ISSUES! ARROWHEAD IS A GEM!
I've had a vacation home in Arrowhead lake for 12+ yrs. I am not a real estate professional and do find the community to be safe. With the economy the way it is there is always going to be more breakins.
Real estate professionals are prohibited from steering, enticing a buyer to purchase, or not, in specific neighborhoods, so answering such a question would go against Fair Housing Laws. Therefore conduct due diligince before entering into a contract to assure your own comfort level can be reached. When it comes to any safety/crime related issues, it's always best to contact the local authorities with all your questions, hear all there is to hear firsthand and if unfamiliar with the area(s) do revisit more than once and at different times of day, possibly chat with locals/neighbors.....
Do not. buy a home in arrowhead lakes. Locust lakes, is place to buy. Great for kids too.
Many things to do. Locust Lakes, is safer. get more for your money
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Apr 26, 2014
It is highly unlikely that ANY real estate professional stated ANY location is SAFE.

What the real estate professional actually DID SAY was, "Check with the police department."

Don't take my word for it.
Troll the Q & A section right here on Trulia.

Most site visitors complain that agent DO NOT COMMENT regarding crime.

Now...here's the rub,,,,it would not matter if the agent did or did not make a statement the result is ALWAYS the same...the agent will be blamed for EVERYTHING...even when we are silent.......as you have demonstrated.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Apr 16, 2014
Unfortunately there isn't any place that is ever crime free. Some have more crime than others.