Need Help In…, Home Seller in Santa Clarita, CA

Hi- Need a broker experienced with Short Sales in the Santa Clarita, California area. Any recommendations appreciated. Thanks.

Asked by Need Help In Santa Clarita, Santa Clarita, CA Fri Jun 4, 2010

Answers

9
In Santa Clarita, i would advise asking Craig at North View Escrow for a referral. (661) 286-4300
Make sure you also explore letting the property foreclose as well.
I know of an awesome agent who deals with about 80% of his business being short sales. He has a great working relationship with most banks and stays on top of the deals. His name is Ken Tapp with Re/Max All Pro. I have listed his website below. If you need his number you can email me. I am a lender and I work very close with Ken and have seen how he gets the job done over and over again. Let him know I referred you !
Web Reference: http://kentapp.com/
Before listing your home you should talk to a few experienced short sale Realtors first to see if it's a right fit for you. Sometimes you may not qualify for a short sale or it may be better for you to foreclose and file a BK. Lots of things to take into consideration. Doing a loan mod is an option but keep in mind 98% of the them return unfavorable results and you usually end up short selling anyways.
Having a Realtor with short sale experience is a must. Make sure you look for designations or qualifications for doing short sales such as a CDPE (Cetified Distressed Property Expert). Knowing how to negociate a short sale is key but it's not everything.
Make sure the agent knows how to sell a home as well. I can't tell you how many agents short change their clients by not putting forth the same marketing and selling techniques they would give a regular sale. Your home deserves the same amount of pictures taken, advertising, and care as the next listing. When you are looking online and a house has one photo it's because the agent was too lazy to take any more.
Interview 3 agents, have them do a listing presentation. See how they sell homes and how they negociate short sales.
Ask for references and make sure you can contact those people that the Realtor has successfully sold their home to short sale. And ofcourse I would love to interview for the job.
Laura, below, made a lot of great points. The most important thing is to ask a lot of questions of prosepctive agents and make sure they have the type of experience that gives you confidence that they can handle your situation. You can do a google search to find agents experienced in short sales in Santa Clarita, then check out their websites, credentials, and go from there. Good luck.
Home Seller,

Have you committed to a short sales or are you interested in a loan modification first? Our team would be happy to assist you with the short sale process or if you would like to try for a loan mod first, we would be happy to offer you assist in that direction also. No out of pocket cost to you either way.

Feel free to text or call our team at 661-618-6909 with any questions. We try hard to understand your situation and work with your specific situation.

Linda Fox for
Mary Funk and Associates
http://www.MaryFunk.com
linda@maryfunk.com
Hi Home Seller,
My husband and I specialize in short sales, serving the Santa Clarita Valley. We offer a free no obligation consultation and can provide references from our past short sale clients with whom we have successfully closed their transactions. Feel free to visit our website to see who we are and the services we provide.

Jennifer & Gary Ricco CDPE, PSC
Contact Sara Fincher-Schmidt at (661) 713-9944. Lots of energy, hard worker and highly ethical.
If you have no recommendations from friends, family, co-workers, etc., why not contact a few different realty offices, interview a couple of agents in person and choose the one you like best. Choose your agent with care.