Home Selling in Connecticut>Question Details

Itsme, Other/Just Looking in Connecticut

Help, my listing has gone stale after 4 months. We reduced by $30K a month ago. What can my realtor do to "refresh" my listing? Another

Asked by Itsme, Connecticut Thu Jul 7, 2011

broker open? The house is staged really well, upgrades galore, totally priced appropriately since we've lowered the price (according to CMAs) by 30K, we've added a $2k bonus to buyers agent, we've done a couple open houses. Now we have less interest than when it was priced more. We took it off and relisted it within 24 hours to change market time to a month. What can my realtor do to refresh interest and get more showings? The pics are good and there is a virtual tour, the marketing is really good. But I need agents to bring in some buyers.

Answers

4
Talk with your Realtor. The trends that compel people to buy a home in my market may not be the same compelling reasons in your market. I wish you the best!
Your best bet is to discuss this with your REALTOR rather than posting this question. Understand License Real Estate agents have to follow a code of ethics. All of them will answer you in this phrase "You will need to speak with your agent/broker".

Therefore, please discuss this with your listing broker and agent if you have questions and concerns about the listing of your property.

Best of luck.
My suggestion: Sit down and talk to your Realtor. Have him/her preview other homes with YOU that are priced simliar to yours in the area. See what is on the shelf and what your competition is. Review feedback from your buyers and see what is trending the most. Strategic planning is key after reviewing these two avenues. It looks as though you have taken postive steps to get it done so far!

Good luck! :)
I know, I know, I know!

Some MLS systems don't let you change the market time, and some websites that "buyers" subscribe to don't send out emails on re-lists. Sigh.

You do have the right feeling that when a listing is "New," it gets attention. The thing is, it's not "new," and there's no "refreshment" possible. Home "buyers" are going to know that it's not a new listing, and the real problem is that in a slow market, "buyers" aren't in a hurry to go out and "buy."

If your agent is doing callbacks, s/he's probably heard from showing agents that the house is near or at the top of the buyer's "list," which drives me crazy.

The balance, in this market, is between pricing the home high enough to make it worth selling and pricing it low enough to blow away the competition. I don't blame any seller for not wanting to compete on price with short sales . . .

And, I'd forget that bonus to the buyer's agent.