Home Selling in Philadelphia>Question Details

jermiechan, Home Seller in Philadelphia, PA

Hello. I have a buyer interested in my mixed used building. Are there any risks involved in showing he or she the deed? Thank you

Asked by jermiechan, Philadelphia, PA Thu Mar 28, 2013

Answers

9
Well Vihsat as you should know the same info is FREE on the city site and by the way are you an PA Real Estate Broker or work under their supervision since that is the LAW.

Philip J. Cunningham Sr
V.I.P. Realty Corporation
7942 Bustleton Ave
Philadelphia,PA 19152
215-725-5700X49
philcunningham2004@yahoo.com
If you are right, please tell me how I can get the DEED for 2343 Christian Street, Philadelphia, PA 19146 for FREE? What City Site will give me access to the deed without any charge?
Flag Tue Apr 30, 2013
Ha ha .... I love the replies posted here. Esp the real estate brokers like Ms. Eggitto and Mr. Cunningham. So much negativity for information that is publicly available to ANYONE.

(a) It's not odd to request to see a deed (like Ms. Curci's office said, no biggie if you have a valid deed); and
(b) Anyone with access to the net can log on to Philadox and get ANY Deed on ANY Philadelphia property. For a daily subscription fee of $40, you can logon to Philadox and download as many deeds for as many addresses as you want for Philadelphia (no restrictions). BTW, every UCC filing for any debt / refinancing is also available on Philadox.

Show the deed and sell your property. Good luck.
Sure.... if there is nothing to hide... then you should not have to worry?

The Buyer still should do a title search anyway...

All the Best. John
the buyer may want to see who sold the current owner the property
may want to see covenants regarding restrictions of use. verify that the seller doesn't have other on deed. or boundaries description. the existing deed if recorded (not all deeds are ) is available to view at its vault
I'm unsure why they would need to see the deed?

I would pull up the record under the Clerk of Court. That should contain most of the information they need.

I don't know that there are risks necessarily, but I think it's an odd request on their end.

I hate to be a wise a** but anyone can check the legal description at Philadelphia's web site There is no reason to show them you deed . Please call me 215-725-5700

Philip J. Cunningham Sr
V.I.P. Realty Corporation
7942 Bustleton Ave
Philadelphia,PA 19152
215-725-5700X49
philcunningham2004@yahoo.com
Make a copy of the legal description only...there's no problem showing them that, and I can see why they may want a legal description
Why do they want to see the deed? If they want the property let them buy the property and then at settlement the will get a deed of their own and can see it when ever they want to. Now to be serrous the agreement states what type of deed they will recieve. They should get Title insurance but thier choice. There is no reason to let them see the deed,they can do a title search if they want. Call me if you want to discuss this more 215-725-5700 X49

Philip J. Cunningham Sr
V.I.P. Realty Corporation
7942 Bustleton Ave
Philadelphia,PA 19152
215-725-5700X49
philcunningham2004@yahoo.com
Web Reference: http://www.GreatPaRE.com
is it a dirty deed done dirt cheap?