Jill, Home Seller in Grand Hampton

Have you ever wanted to buy a furnished Model Home? We have a beautiful 2-story home (3,500sq.ft) on a

Asked by Jill, Grand Hampton Thu Jun 26, 2008

premium lot with a private conservation view in model condition, professionally decorated and we're looking to sell By Owner. Will this attract more interest? We can negotiate the price of the house if the home is sold furnished. All furnishings & accessories are the finest quality from around the world. Owner is a designer & decorator too! Every upgrade imaginable before & after purchase of home. Room for a pool; however, Clubhouse has 2 pools!

Answers

9
I don't think this will attract more interest. Most people who can afford a great home also have their own stuff, or they'd like to get new stuff - to their own taste. You can offer to sell the furniture separately, (which I would do anyway as you wouldn't want a $25 chair to kill a $750k deal), if you'd like.

Also, by owner may seem like a good option to you, and I wish you good luck with this. However, in the current market, especially in Grand Hampton, where there are lots of homes and builder homes competing with yours, you really need all the exposure you can get. That's what a good (I did say good, and not all are created equal) realtor can give you. Please visit http://www.560Severn.com to see some of what I can do. Remember to click on the HomeVidy Tour, which is something I do for luxury homes - no charge.

And, you may not realize that, usually, a good realtor will sell your home for more than you will. And the difference is usually enough that, even AFTER all closing costs and commissions, the seller nets more money than they would have selling it themselves. There are logical reasons for this... One is, people who buy FSBO's (For Sale By Owner properties) are looking for a bargain, especially today, and will make lowball offers almost every time. Which tends to drive the sellers expectations down, and they end up selling for less than the home is worth... In today's market, that's happening all the time.

Please visit my web site: http://www.PrettyDogRealty.com for more info about this and other subjects that should interest you and help you sell your home.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jun 26, 2008
There are buyers looking for a turn key home with furniture but that's only a small percentage. Most have or will want to pick and design there own home.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 17, 2013
Did you ever sell? I see you posted this question back in June 2008!
I sold my house fully furnished. The house was in an unfavorable area. It sold in less than a month for full price. My house looked like a model home, everyone who ever saw it (from inside and outside) was stunned. I might have been lucky, but the house had a lot of interested viewers whilst it was on the market. However, I had to pay all closing costs.
Regarding for sale by owner, I have no experience with this. I would like to try this, too, when I sell my current home, because of the thousands of $ that I have to pay for the realtor. 6 % of the sale price is just way too much !
If you want to try to sell it by owner, pay the minimal fee to a discount realtor and offer at least 2% of the sale price to the buyer's realtor in the Realtor MLS system. Serious buyers who are ready to close within 60 days are normally hooked up with a Realtor who will just go to her computer, pull up listings, make appointments and then go show them. Make your house easy to show, even at a moment's notice.
Web Reference: http://www.soldontampa.com
You'll lose a lot if you sell your house through a realtor-- a lot of expenses, a lot of stress and a lot of time-consuming tasks.

First, you'll have to give up paying for your own advertisements. Then you'll have to give up staying home hoping the phone will ring... and worrying about burglars...and waiting for people who don't turn up... and handling all the real estate agents calling...and wondering when your prospect will phone back... and all those other great aspects of being a For-sale-by-owner. Yes, you'll definitely lose all that. And that's a good thing.

You'll also gain a lot, because we have the experience to get your home sold and put more money into your pocket, while you continue to live a normal life.

Making your home sale easy and getting the best price is what using a real estate agent and their professional marketing services are all about. Please call me and find out why my past clients wouldn't dream of selling their houses any other way.
Web Reference: http://www.thebruniteam.com
Jeff got me by a second, but we both agree.
GH is a great community, which can help sell the home. You may find someone who likes or even loves your taste, but the hardest thing will be finding a lender who will finance the buyer with the personal property included. On top of that, if you could work it out, it would have to appraise out, so if you are selling for less then the appraised value and you add in the furniture, it couldn't be anymore then the appraised value, unless of course you get a cash buyer. Contact me to further discuss, but I must warn you now, i will try and talk you in to me listing it for a reasonable commission. You have several different issues to contend with, plus I will put your home in a featured spot in 33647 on Realtor.com plus a lot of other internet placements, as well as my websites first page placement on several search engines. I look forward to hearing from you.
Mike Ceparano
ceppym@yahoo.com
813-417-6698
Jill,
You may find marketing the furniture with the home to do more damage than good. You'll end up getting a low offer and be forced to "throw in" the furniture to satisfy the deal. You may be thinking, well we'll just wait for the next offer... Typically your first offer is your best offer AND in a declining market 3-6 months could be a tremendous hit if you decide to wait it out.
The buyers hold ALL the cards in this market. Marketing IS the key and I ask you to do a search for grand hampton tampa fl real estate or homes for sale in grand hampton and you'll find my site on page one of google. (as well as for many other key word search terms). You'll be on websites such as: craigslist, backpage, oodle, weichert, point2homes, house.com, yahoo real estate, and many, many more...
Send me a note at mark@homes4uintampa.com for more marketing information. Regards and Best of Luck!