Home Selling in Noblesville>Question Details

Ron, Home Seller in Noblesville, IN

Have a home for sale in the $400's in Noblesville. Have had several 2nd and 3rd showings and have a very

Asked by Ron, Noblesville, IN Wed May 14, 2008

aggressive listed price. Been on the market a few months now but no buyer. Any advise?

Answers

6
I have a home for sale in the $400's. The feedback on price is positive from realtors (who toured it) and buyers (showings). No complaints on the price, however, they seem to be turned off by the general look and feel of the homes in my neighborhood, which I can't control. Any suggestions on how to sell fast?
Hi Ron-

If your home has only been on the market a few months and you are getting all that activity, it will sell. I'm assuming that you are working good real estate agent who has adviced you on pricing, your compeition and staging your home. With all these elements in place, it will just take a little more time and you should get something.
Price. Condition. Location. Time. Sounds like your home is getting exposure based on your showing activity. As the expression goes, "you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink."
Price solves everything. Home sales are market driven, so if they are looking at yours but buy somewhere else, you gotta find what it is they are averse to in yours. Try this. You get feedback and the showing agents name, right? Have your agent look up the last few months pended and closed sales that comp to yours. What you are looking for is the agents that viewed your home but their clients bought elsewhere. You can now see the homes that beat you out. What is different in those homes? Noblesville is my stomping grounds. I guarantee at $400k you are being shopped against new construction. As unfair as it is, you better look like a model home because just about every buyer in the county will see a model home at some point in time and expect yours to look as nice as that model. If it's not, start cutting price till it's attractive, or start improving your home. You have demonstrated that demand for your home is there by second and third showings. You need to focus on what the detractor is. Is it price, condition, location, or given market conditions, do you need more time on the market? Again, price solves everything. If your FSBO, or limited agency, contact me and I can offer some additional tips. All the best.
-Eric karrfalt, "helping clients gain a competitive advantage in todays market."
Hi Ron, You are in a lower moving price bracket. You might, as Tony seems to suggest, offer financing options - a buydown maybe. If you do that, put it in a flyer and put it out front. I like open houses personally - it's just another tool in the tool box. It brings people into your neighborhood. If you do have a limited listing agreement, as Tim wonders, you will have to be accomodating to showings (you don't state how many showings you are getting.) and aggresive about feedback. As Tony asked, what are they buying instead after seeing your house twice? Also, MIBOR really is the most effective place to advertise. So, if you are going FSBO, it's time to talk to some Realtors. A Realtor can run the numbers for you and design a sale price to suit the days on market you want. But remember to get that feedback and find out what people are buying instead, then endeavor to give the buying public what they want. If you want an appraisal, as Tony suggests, you can call Rebecca at Andrews and Assoc 332-2252. Also, if your house needs new carpet and counter tops, put em in and raise the price a bit. If it's drama people are buying instead, remember to use contrasting colors - call a staging company perhaps. Most people prefer buying a turn key home. Hope that helps. Good Luck, Marita Topmiller C21 Realty Group 1 513.4652
Good Question Ron!

I do support Tim's answer. He gave good information. While you have an aggressive list price do you know how it compares to apprasied value?

With the amount of current competition in your area in your price range you may have to ask yourself why folks would buy your home vs. a neighbor or a new home? Not trying to knock you home it is just time to be really objective.

One thing that does not help is the FHA limit for Hamilton County. You home needs to offer the features and benefits a buyer will not find in a home that will sell for $271k

If you need some help with mortgage options perhaps I can help.

Tony Grego - Indiana Mortgage Company
Web Reference: http://www.sagamorehm.net
Ron -

Is your listing agent obtaining 'feedback' from prospective buyers? You obviously have more than just tire-kickers touring your home.

If you have your home listed FSBO or with a limited agency, time to roll up your sleeves and illicit an answer to your question from the buyers agent(s).

Are you or your listing agent highlighting financing options to the potential buyers? That can make or break a deal. Buyers have hundreds of options. Terms of the financing can muddy the waters behind the scenes!