Janice Pelch…, Home Seller in 03031

Has anyone had good results listing their own home for sale? Any advice?

Asked by Janice Pelchat, 03031 Sat Nov 3, 2012

I created my own website and listed on Zillow. Getting to list on Trulia seems like a scavenger hunt. Every time I select the Free List A Property link, it keeps looping back to profile editing

Janice as a For Sale by Owner you can not list your home here on Trulia. Only licensed agents and brokers can do that. Listing your home for sale in an effort to save money often does not go well. A good listing agent will provide you with a marketing plan and assist you in pricing the home correctly to bring about the quickest sale at the best obtainable price. Often with a quicker sale and better sale price the cost of a listing agent more than pays for itself. If you would like some help in selling your home I can let you know the different marketing plans we offer where you can save on the commission if you choose. There is no obligation. What most owners need to know is without any buyers, there can not be a sale. A good listing agent will provide that exposure to reach the buyers that are ready, willing and ABLE to purchase a home. We work with the buyer agents looking out for your interest and guiding you through each step of the selling process. I hope to hear from you soon.
Good Morning Janice, Listing your home on the internet is a smart move. In order to post your home on Trulia, you need to set up a profile. If you would like I can send you some information on the steps to take to sell your home yourself. It isn't easy especially in this market...did you know that the owner of "I Sold My House.com" had to hire a real estate agent in the end because he could not sell his own home? Feel free to call me with any questions that you may have, I'm happy to share with you some steps you may want to take. Patty Bixby
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 3, 2012
Janice...Best of luck with your FSBO, but I'm afraid Trulia can only be part of your sale if you list with an agent. Trulia takes listing info from the MLS, so you would, at the very least, need to engage a discount, MLS-only service to get listed here. Check the web for such services, I think you can get one for a few hundred dollars...
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 3, 2012