Home Selling in Orlando>Question Details

Rush Khan, Home Buyer in Outside U.S.

HOW DO I SELL MY TIME SHARE THAT I OWN IN WINDHAM BONNIE CREEK ORLANDO BUT TRANSFERABLE - MUST SELL - PAID 19K. WILL TAKE LOWER AMOUNTS?

Asked by Rush Khan, Outside U.S. Sun Feb 27, 2011

THE UNUSED TIME CAN BE TRANSFERRED TO RCI TO USE ANYWHERE IN THE WORL.

RUSHKHAN@GMAIL.COM

Answers

7
I Don´t think you can get much for your timeshare since timeshares are not a financial investment.

You might be able to donate your timeshare and have a tax write off.
Hello Rushkhan,
I am sorry to read of your loss, time shares are for the most part are only a value to the owner. However we do have a fulltime staff dedicated to Time Share sales. You would have to work the details out with them, but like I mentioned be prepared to take a loss.
The bright side you’re done with it for good.
Good Luck,
mj
Web Reference: http://www.orlandomike.com
Sorry, but do you even know what you own? I assume you are talking about Wyndham Bonnet Creek at Disney World. The good news it's at Disney.

Contact Wyndham first and see what they say.

Interesting that the recommendation is for a "reputable and trusted national company" timeshare resale company, but none are suggested. Perhaps a 5 legged sheep?
Rent out your timeshare and that way it will pay your maintenance fees each year. Since you own it free and clear, you might even make a little $$ depending on the size and how much you can get for your week.

Ashley Rosenfeld
Only Way Realty
http://www.AshleyRosenfeld.com
(352)484-8585 direct
Just FYI Rushkan,
Realtors can't help you sell timeshares as you only own a week or ? of 52 weeks. Just to let you know there isn't a big market for timeshare resales either, so be prepared to take whatever you can get. Although it's good that you can use RCI to use anywhere in the world, it also costs extra money over and above the timeshare, then there are taxes and other expenses to pay so it's not the greatest investment. Your best bet is to try to sell back to the people you bought it from. There is also a Century 21 timeshare resale company you could check with. Google timeshare resales in Florida and see what you come up with.

I wish I had better news for you, good luck!
Hi Rushkhan,
I would look for someone who is reputable...especially dealing with timeshares!

Scott was right, look at selling it back. You may take a hit but you won't have to deal with it any more. Also listing it on Ebay or Craigslist could help...or hurt, I'd be careful with those.

Carol
You should post your timeshare online on sites that sell time shares, as will try listing it bakc with the resort or a reputable and trusted national company that lists and sells time shares.

Web Reference: http://www.ScottSellsNH.com