Home Selling in North Bend>Question Details

Shar Lively, Home Seller in Illinois

HI, We are the owners of 168 Kendall Estates Lane, North Bend, OR. and we have the asking price at $249,500

Asked by Shar Lively, Illinois Sun Jul 13, 2008

for quick sale... . Zillow.com has the low price of the home at $298,000 . Since we don't live there (we live in Illinois), we would like a quick sale. In addition to the house is an 1800 sq ft shop, house is 2274 sq ft and both sit on 1.6 acres. The question is for the area is the price (in this economy) adaquate for quick sale? Also, the satellite view is TOTALLY wrong, how do we get it fixed? Thanks

Answers

5
Hello home owner ,

I would give you a buyer perspective. I have known that I will be moving to Oregon along the coast. I have had it mind and began looking at homes book marking and following what I like for the last 8 years . I have faithfully watched the housing market.

I think most home buyers are like myself at this time those that are going to buy know exactly what we want.I have actually watched some homes be on the market all the way from first list till unfortunately, Foreclosure. because the home could not sell.

Right now and for the last 3 years it has been a buyers market from what I can see, there is so much on the market it is overwhelming , sadly due to many foreclosures as I said. Also I think many people have their second homes here on the Oregon coast and may be needing to liquidate their assets, they have found they can do without that vacation home they6 only use 3 months out of the year.

I too am looking for property that has a ocean view but out of the tsunami zone, I want land (but I want usable that I can garden in) I would never buy a property that was not at least 95% walk-able and to be able to have a few chickens.

As I said I have watched may properties for a steady 8 years! Here's to hoping I settle my law suit this year so I can get the hell out of So Calif....I will say so long Dana's Point!! much to my mums anger and Hello semi country life.

My best advice is look here on Trulia and you can see all the cute wonderful to die homes for even under 170K and with so many more homes coming on the market after speaking with my Attorney I am sure I will be able to buy a home for my son as well.

I hope this helps, just look and use a buyers mindset and you will see what I am talking about . To be honest I really do not care: what Miss Debra Roth said"Realtor who has a expansive internet presence because that is where the buyer's are looking for their next property. Without proper marketing your chances of selling are slim" this is just not true if someone wants a home they will find it if they have the internet and really who does't these days.

I will in the end use a Realtor but I can find my own home thx! I will just use them for the paperwork.

Wishing you the best .

R.M Martinellie
To the Owners Of Kendall Estates,

The answer is No
You are so wise to ask this basic question. Is the price adaquate for quick sale in this economy?
In my humble opinion the house is overpriced for this market. If you want to do a Quick Sale, your looking at $160,000-$150,000.SOLD price. At this price you would have a chance of capturing a first time homebuyer who could qualify for the tax credit before November and they may still have some money to do some updating over time to gain some equity.
I have seen your house and brought my client who was very interested. That being said why no offer?
My client was looking for land and the property is on a bluff. I think thats why Zillows value is coming out wrong. The computer is including the land value. Most of the land is below or above and not walkable. The house itself has no flow and its dated. The good thing is that its clean, vacant and on a private dead end road just outside of town.
I tell my sellers, that in todays market , offers are few and far between but it only takes ONE
If you don't try its a sure thing you'll get NONE
So put your home on the market before the first time buyers tax credit incentive is gone! Having it priced right in this economy means " SALE PRICE" below market and in tip top shape. The competion is tough and getting tougher. Make sure what the buyer is looking for is what you have to offer. If its a good deal they will find YOU. Buyers are actively seeking deals!
I really hopes this helps you get your home SOLD

The satelite view requires a click and drag motion on the star. You should find it at the top of the map when you ad it to your listing

Thank you for asking that very important question ( in this economy)

Brenda Sullivan, broker
http://www.c21bestrealty.com
cell 541-217-8851
Hello Mrs. Lively,

Your recent price reduction to $199,000 seems to be attractive to buyers. It is a good deal to get a home in the country with 1.6 acres in this range. Your realtor is among the best in the business and I know that although the market is sluggish at this time, sales are picking up and you will get that buyer!
The home has a funky floor plan but plenty of living space. The shop is quite nice and affords a possible in-law apartment possibility. My buyer liked the location greatly, but needed a kitchen on the main level.

I hope this input helps,
thank you!
Molly Stevens
Century 21 Best Realty, Inc.
Hi Shar,

My name is Debra Roth. It was a pleasure receiving your inquiry. I am a Realtor in the North Bend area. I would love to have more information on your property in order to assess it's market value. Things have been pretty slow here this last year. The inventory of homes for sale is large and prices have come down. The homes that are selling are the ones that are a little under the market value. On the surface your price looks good for a home, acerage and a shop. There are lots of folks looking for something like that. Condition and location are huge factors. Do you have a realtor marketing your property? In today's market you need a Realtor who has a expansive internet presence because that is where the buyer's are looking for their next property. Without proper marketing your chances of selling are slim. A large percentage of buyers are from out of town and they have been previewing homes on the internet for a long time before they arrive. Buyers tend to look at the big real estate brand websites, websites like realtor.com and others. Then they will contact a Realtor to work with. Usually they will go with a brand name they recognize. For a quick sale I would suggest that you work with a Realtor with a brand name that has high recognition and who uses technology to reach out to todays buyers. In order to market my clients homes I place their home on TV, in the newspaper, in the regional real estate magazines, but most importantly I place their listings on about 20 web search engines. It really gets results. Let me know if I can help you in any way. I look forward to making your property needs my priority!

Warmly yours,

Debra Roth
Sorry Debra however I digress with you on this mindset Brand name, no I bought my first two homes from a non brand name but local firm. In fact the girl was brand new to Real estate, I liked her so much I bought the second one from her as well. I had so much fun with her ,she was able to get me great deals and in the end we became life long friends. I found the homes she followed up and was able to get the viewings. what she had was the ability to listen to what I wanted and personality plus!

Regards
RMM
Flag Sun Jun 24, 2012
Hi - Zillow will allow you (as the home owner) to go in a make modifications and adjustments to the description, condition and ameneties of the home and then they will make some adjustments to what they consider the value. You can also play around with the map and set the location better. Most of the satellite photos are not very recent, though, so it may have the correct location but just not the current view.

I'm not familiar with the North Bend area to give you any guess as to the market there - but hopefully that helps a little where Zillow is concerned.