Home, Home Buyer in Colorado Springs, CO

HELP...Selling home for 225k, what is average loss with a sell in this price range, 2200 SF 4 beds, 3 bath. Is there a percentage? Is 20k too much?

Asked by Home, Colorado Springs, CO Thu May 5, 2011

Live in Colorado Springs, home newer built in 2002

Answers

5
The average percentage of original listed price received here in the Raleigh area is 98.1% YTD. Pricing properly helps and I would strongly urge you to consult a local Realtor to do a CMA for you. If Colorado is like North Carolina, this shouldn't cost you anything.

Good Luck!!
Haven't an agent, just feeling things out now.....trying to get an unbiased opinion. thanks!

What is the feeling about a "carry over" for the difference of the asking price or somewhere close to it? Not familiar witht his process? Good idea, BAD? pros -vs cons

THANKS, THANKS, THANKS

Send us your address and we can help. If you're working with an agent they should be able to guide you, but if not we'll see what advice we can give. Just send an email to kevin@liveinsprings.com.
It's almost sad to hear this kind of question. Who says there has to be a loss? If you've done accurate analysis of the activity including sales and a close look at the competition then you should be fine. If you want general stats the national average is 95% of asking price to sales price. My team is averaging 98.6% so it pays to do an accurate evaluation of the market, the trends, the types of buyers interested in your house and current competition. Good luck to you. Let me suggest a rephrasing of your question: 'How much of my asking price can I expect to get?'.
Do you have a Realtor working for you? If so, what does he/she say? If not, you absolutely need one. Without knowing more specifics about your property (specifically your neighborhood, and even address & street), it's kind of impossible for anyone to give you an idea of what fair market value is.