Home Selling in 91932>Question Details

Debbiec, Home Seller in 91932

Greetings, I own a duplex with a ex coworker she informed me she is going to retirement in March then wants to sell her 1/2

Asked by Debbiec, 91932 Fri Aug 6, 2010

We are in California, we own this duplex together under my credit, we both are on one deed and both on the loan, I am on SSDI and I have put 60k improvements on my side she has done nothing and because I am on SSDI she is claiming all the interest and property tax she took over 2k of my money .Our water is the only thing attached, I told her with the money of mine you took separate the water meters it will benefit her if she want to sell I can not move, the lone is in my name and hers. Can an appraiser just apprise her 1/2 undivided interest and stay away from me and my side and my improvements. And can I keep my loan with her 1/2 paid off?. I been in and out of hospitals she know this. So it is really tossed me for a loop being she could not of got in this place without me. I have PTSD, MST, and MDD so is it possible for me not to move? Zillo say's our duplex is worth 300k at one time it was 700k we owe about 262k and already took 60k out of the equity. HELP

Help the community by answering this question:


You need professional help. Before you spend money for a Real Estate attorney, you might want to check with legal aid and they can answer some of your questions so when you so see an attorney you will have some background insite and make have your self better prepared to speak with an attorney. Zillio extimate of worth can be off several thousand of dollars. Use an agent that show you what has sold and what is currently on the market. Good luck and I hope this works out for you.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Sep 17, 2010
Hi Debbie,
Ditto on the real estate atorney. Good luck!

Alex Saavedra
Century 21 Award
Web Reference: http://buysdhomess.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Aug 17, 2010
You should have your real-estate attorney revew your agreement. You might consider buying the other interests with seller financing.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Aug 6, 2010
Hi Debbie,

It doesn't sound like you have a written partnership agreement with your partner, so you must see a real estate attorney for this one. There are too many issues to deal with yourself.

You also have to figure out how to stay in your home, or make other living arrangements if you find that you can't.

Please let me know if I can help you with anything along the way!

Best of luck to you, Debbie,
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Aug 6, 2010
You need to see a Real Estate Attorney right away. Dana Rosas
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Aug 6, 2010
Consider seeking the advice of an attorney who specializes in real estate, see exactly what options you may have as he/she will be your best source of advice--most professionals do offer a free consultation.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Aug 6, 2010

You MUST go to a real estate attorney immediately.

What you are trying to do can't be done easily. She wants money and wants to be off the deed but you can't afford to qualify for a new mortgage.

You need to find a way under the existing mortgage to make things works smoothly.

Good luck,

Web Reference: http://fglick.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Aug 6, 2010
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2014 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer